X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Getting this Macromedia Popup?

I just did a major maintenance on my software/virus protection etc., so I don't know if it's my computer or something new here.

Every page I open, I get this stupid Macromedia pop-up wanting me to download their program---otherwise I can't view the page---yeah, right!

Anyone else seeing this thing----it's a real pain.
    Dave

I get it along with others from time to time. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying. My knowledge of confusers is on the limited side so I have no idea why I only get these pop-ups on a part-time basis. [img]redface.gif[/img]
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I think it is probably for the script in the page the is used to detect your current version of the Macromedia Flash Player, and if they have changed the page and/or are using a newer version of Flash, then you get the popup window to update your version of the player so your browser will be compatable with the latest features.

Comment

Would a pop-up blocker/stopper help?
        www.zdnet.com has about a dozen different ones available for free download.
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

This (the popup to upgrade your version of the Flash player) is not the type of popup that the popup blockers are meant to stop. Norm or one of the other webmaster for this site (the Ridgid forum) could answer better why this is happening. It has happened to me too, I clicked Yes and let it install the newer version of the Flash Player, so the popup window has not appeared for me since.

Comment

The flash player is being downloaded because 1) you don't have it installed 2) you have an older version of the software. Macromedia Flash and Shockwave are browser plugings, they are harmless and do not contain any spyware. The flash player is needed to play the rotating banner on top of the ridgid pages, Flash is a great plugin, take a look at Macromedia.com to gain some insite on the software.

Comment

I believe Adware will find the file on your drive or entry in your registry that is causing this pop-up, and once found, eliminate it. Adware is shareware.

Comment

Thanks all! I recently had to de-virus my computer, so maybe that version got dumped. Do get so tired of having to have 20 different programs or whatever, to simple do some web surfing.
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X