X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheap and Easy R4511 Upgrade

Got the Reid Latches today... ordered them yesterday.... how did they get me here that fast... Enjoy your Christmas!!

Comment

Another mod you could try is magnetic tape available at HD for about $3 (and instant gratification).

Simply remove the screws, peel off the plastic to expose the sticky tape side. The $3 pack is about 30 inches, so cut enough to run the entire height of the door. Stick it on and you're good to go.

That said, I think the latch is more secure.

Comment

Finally, after 3 months, received the parts from Sears. Guess what?...No freaking rubber grommets!

Comment

You have way more patience than I do. I gave them like 6 weeks and canceled the order. Then it took several calls to get the refund and more time.

Charles
          Charles

Comment

Paul, the same thing happened to me although it only took about 6 weeks. I called customer service and they claim they are sending me the correct part now. They were very polite and helpful although they were confused at first on why I ordered a sears part for a non sears machine.

I find it curious that they took 6 weeks to send it to me and then rushed it overnight shipping and sent the wrong part (from a company that wasn't sears).

Comment

Still think you should try the Reid's latches... No kidding, I ordered it one day and they came the next...

Comment

Thanks for the post. The link you provided does not show a photo. Could you provide a part number? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyeid View Post
                  Thanks for the post. The link you provided does not show a photo. Could you provide a part number? Thanks.
                  Part Number is SC-1912

I just put these on my saw and love them. I drilled new holes incase I want to use the old screw holes for any reason. Can find one yet though. I also ordered from sears and waited a month before I canceled my order. Will never buy another part or power tool from sears again. Love my shop full of ridgid tools.
                  Power tools and accessories for man cave $5000. Wood to make things $1400. Ending up making a single cutting board for a gift…….Priceless

Comment

I ordered these parts from Amazon.com they wook great.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...T37VD&v=glance

Attachment

Attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sears sent me the replacement parts and again they were missing the "swell" portion of the swell assembly. I haven't called them back yet and am toying with cutting my losses and going for one of the other suggestions in the thread.

Comment

I finally gave up on Sears and had them refund my purchase and bought the Reid ones (through Amazon since the shipping was much cheaper that way). Now for my dumb question - how do you

a) drill through plastic and metal (I've only ever drilled out wood and masonry and for plastic I'm worried about breaking it and metal I'm not sure what to expect)

b) for the Reid parts liked above, what is the ideal sized drill bit?

thanks,

Hugh

Comment

Drilling plastic is kind of tricky as it tends to crawl up the bit once the tip goes through. Take your time with the palstic and clamp a piece of wood behind it.
                          As for the metal you want slow speed and use oil. You want a good curl coming off the bit. Not too much pressure let the drill do the work lol.
                          Good luck.

Comment

Great ridgid add on for easier access to saw, thanks for the info and link. I will have to add this to my r4511.

Comment

Working...
                            X