X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3612 Assembly

Well guys ... I picked up my TS3612 tonight. I can't believe it, I own a real table saw! Worked for a few hours tonight on the assembly and will finish tomorrow. Two questions I have at this point ...
    1. Herc-U-Lift attachment to the actual stand - OK, I found the answer to this with a search. The bolts that attach the lift to the legs are supposed to be loose.
    2. In attaching the extensions, squaring up the front/top and back/top was no problem. However, in the middle the extensions are just a "hair" lower than the top. Is this a major deal? Should I go back and loosen all four bolts and start again? No, I did not use C-clamps (dare I say it, I don't own any). Suggestions?

Friday I continue with the fence, motor and clean up. Then ....
    Alan
    My Shop

Alan
    I don't really know how much a "hair" is but when I assembled my 2424 I did use the C clamps to get everything as level as I could. There is a good possibility you will need some C clamps anyway, so I would suggest getting them and using them in the assembly. Dave

Comment

On the cast iron extensions, it is normal to see a slight dip in the center when you assemble them to the table saw. Go ahead and purchase a c-clamp and use that to level the extension out with the main table.

Jake

Comment

Alan --

I suggest a pair of those nifty "pistol grip" short bar clamps with the soft yellow pads. They worked well for me in keeping the extensions flush with the table while bolting them down. Once you get your saw running you will find they are also great for clamping a fingerboard onto the extension, to hold narrow stock against the fence per the manual for rip cuts.
        Tony<br /><a href=\"http://www.mindling.com/passages\" target=\"_blank\">www.mindling.com/passages</a>

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM:
          Alan
          I don't really know how much a "hair" is ... Dave
          It's just a breath short of a smidgin, of course. Didn't you go to measurin' skool
          Alan
          My Shop

Comment

I did go ahead and run out to the closest local hardware store to pick up a c-clamp. That leveled it right up!

I have now finished assembly! Thought at first I had electrical problems here at the house. The motor would just hum and then the circuit breaker would trip. After trying different circuits with the same results and using no extension cord with the same result I discovered the drive belt had slipped off the arbor pully and was resting on part of the cast assembly! Yikes! The motor couldn't spin that! I don't know when that happened. Obviously I had removed the belt to make an adjustment at some point and failed to put it back on. Thank you Emerson for overload protection! And now you're thinking ... and this guy uses power tools
            Alan
            My Shop

Comment

Working...
            X