X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Power Deal from HD Back Again

Home Depot's Ultimate Power Deal is back again from 9/3 to 9/16. I got a great price on the R4511 Table Saw back in Spring. If you missed it, now's your chance. I'm thinking of maybe a drill press now?

"Receive $25 off purchases $149-$299; $75 off purchases $300-$599; $150 off purchases $600-$999; $300 off purchases $1000 or more. Qualifying purchase values exclude taxes and fees. Valid only on the single or combined purchase of qualifying portable power tools, power tool accessories, pneumatics, pneumatic fasteners, air tools, bench stationary tools, compressors, standby generators, welders / welding accessories and other participating items only within The Home Depot's hardware department. All other power products or fasteners sold by The Home Depot in other departments are excluded from this offer. Offer not valid with bid room offers. See associate for additional details."

Re: Ultimate Power Deal from HD Back Again

Yea, I got an email yesterday about this and im defiantly going to go buy some tools tomorrow.

Comment

I just bought one last week. Is there anyway to still get the discount without returning saw(90 day satisfaction)?

Comment

Originally posted by bassmaster911 View Post
        I just bought one last week. Is there anyway to still get the discount without returning saw(90 day satisfaction)?
        Probably. Just talk to the store manager and explain your situation. I'm sure he/she would prefer refunding you the difference in money rather than take back your old saw and have you purchase a new one.

Comment

Is this Ridgid tools only? I dont think it is, figured Id ask.

Also, were "power tool accessories" on the sale last time? Exactly what do they consider power tool accessories?

Comment

No, "power tool accessories" were not included last time (I had to go back and re-read the old ad from spring to make sure). I'm sure you could have a wide range of what is considered an "accessory". Ultimately it's up to the store manager's interpretation. This includes all brands carried by HD.

Comment

Don't worry. HD doesn't carry any accessories for RIDGID tools.

Comment

I noticed alot more things from Ridgid are starting to hit my store here in Universal City , Texas

Comment

Originally posted by billmoy View Post
                  Don't worry. HD doesn't carry any accessories for RIDGID tools.
                  Mine has a couple. The "uber hard to find" drum refills for the oscillating/edge sander, and the Ridgid version of a magnetic featherboard.

No planer knives though.

Discount including accessories would be nice because you could use them as filler to make it up to the next tier. Last time I used a 4.00 pack of pneumatic nails which I didnt really need. This time I could use a 15.00 pack of the sander refills that I actually CAN use.

Also wonder if they would include clearanced power tools towards the discounts (i.e. the $274.00 DW735 planer, or half price jointer)

Comment

Originally posted by bassmaster911 View Post
                    YES, just go there with your receipt - they can do a price adjustment - that's what I did with mine last spring - got the extra $150 on the spot when I bought the saw a month before the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpLev View Post
                      YES, just go there with your receipt - they can do a price adjustment - that's what I did with mine last spring - got the extra $150 on the spot when I bought the saw a month before the sale.

I am going to try that...now what can I spend 400 on to get the 300 off?

Comment

I just received an email from Ridgid , it seems they are running the same promotion just on their tools.

Comment

Went back to the local HD store this morning with receipts from my r4511 (purch 7/27) and Dremel Multi Max (purch 9/2). Asked for an adjustment...then things went down hill. At first the manager said he would adjust only the Multi Max (doesn't make sense since it was $99 and didn't even qualify for the Ultimate Power Deal). After a little more conversation (civil on my part, disrespectful on his), I then I indicated I'd just return both items, get a refund (both were with the 90 days refund period) and repurchase the items and get the discount. Then he said I was trying to "beat the system" and if everyone did this it would affect the stores bottom line and his employees pay. After more conversation (again civil on my part, disrespectful on his) he finally agreed to the $75 discount on the table saw only, and said that he was the "manager" and did not have to give me anything.

All-in-all a disappointing visit to HD. I'm not as upset about the discount situation as much as I am about the way the "manager" treated me, a long time customer. I sent an email to HD customer service expressing my disatisfaction...we'll see what they have to say.

Comment

Hi Mike,

It's a shame that some managers just don't "get it" when it comes to customer service. I'm sure your experience might have been more pleasant at several other HD stores. In situations like these, I think a polite well-written letter to the CEO of Home Depot explaining your experience is needed so that such behavior is corrected. It helps us, the consumers, and it helps HD with increased sales. Mr. Blake's address is given below.

Francis S. Blake
                            Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
                            The Home Depot Inc.
                            2455 Paces Ferry Road
                            NW Atlanta, GA 30339-4024
                            Last edited by DaveWoodWork; 09-04-2009, 01:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I don't know if it's an option for you, but you could go to a different store to get them to do the paperwork.

Seems odd to me. My favorite HD rep did it for me in April, and smiled at me while she was doing it. I never set foot in Lowe's now. Not that either are great, but they ARE convenient, and WILL fix it when it goes wrong. She also knows I spend a lot of money in her store.

Comment

Working...
                              X