X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 Dust Port Adapter for 1 7/8 Hose

With my extremely limited garage space I decided to purchase a Ridgid portable 5 HP wet/dry vac instead of one of the larger canister models. I also picked up an adapter set that I thought would allow connection of the 2 1/2 dust port to the 1 7/8 hose on the vac. NOT. It claims to connect a 2 1/2 hose to a 1 7/8 accessory so this is not exactly the same thing.

Having failed to find the appropriate adapter either at HD or online, perhaps as a result of my own stupidity, I know ask the crack team on this forum for a little help. Anyone know where I can get the right sized adapter?

Many Thanks.

Re: TS3660 Dust Port Adapter for 1 7/8 Hose

Honestly, you're probably going to need a larger capacity vac for your table saw. Yes, you have enough power, but the holding capacity of this vac is very limited for dust collection in a shop. You'll be emptying the vac a lot.
    But to solve your riddle, you can buy a 2-1/2" replacement hose and it will fit on this vac and connect to the 2-1/2" dust port on your saw.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Ill check the hose option out but was trying to avoid the purchase. Oh well, live and learn. Would have liked the larger capacity vac but space is truly limited. I figure this one will have enough to get me through one project at a time.

Comment

Matt just an fyi, I was using a 16 gal vac for a one project, for a med to lg size project you will need to empty it 2-4 times. I was surprized how fast it fills up and once it's full the garage floor and air starts to fill with dust. I bought the HF DC upgraded the bag to 1 micron and am very happy with it. Best of luck Pat

Comment

Working...
        X