Securing a home made throat plate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing a home made throat plate

I made a new throat plate for my table saw. However, I noticed that the factory plate has a tab that near the rear that is used to hold the plate down.

Any idea on how I can accomplish this with my home made plate?

Thanks
    - J

Another poster here had suggested mirror clips. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounded good...

Comment

The mirror clips work really well. I did have a little problem when I fastened it to the bottom of the insert. The tip of the screw that fastened the clip to the insert protruded through the top side of the insert. I easily corrected that by glueing a piece of a tongue depressor to the bottom of the insert and then placed the clip on that. That little extra thickness was all that was needed.
      Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
      ------- Henry Ford

Comment

I mount what looks like a tongue depresser on a standoff on the bottom side of the ZC inserts I make. Just glue them on. The springiness of the oak snugs the backside of the insert down really well, and the screw holds down the front side. The insert material is 1/4" plywood scraps.
        Works for me.
        It\'s all in the name: Bucheron (FR)= woodchopper

Comment

what is a mirror clip look like? Have a link to a photo of a mirror clip or what your insert looks like?

-J

Comment

jip,

Here's a picture of several different designs that are available. I use the side mount style. http://www.glassonwheels.com/glassaccessories.asp

I get mine at Menards in packs of 8 for about $3.00 a pack. I've never looked for them there but I would bet that HD, Lowes and your local hardware store have them also.
            Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
            ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
            X