Securing a home made throat plate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing a home made throat plate

I made a new throat plate for my table saw. However, I noticed that the factory plate has a tab that near the rear that is used to hold the plate down.

Any idea on how I can accomplish this with my home made plate?

Thanks
    - J

Another poster here had suggested mirror clips. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounded good...

Comment

The mirror clips work really well. I did have a little problem when I fastened it to the bottom of the insert. The tip of the screw that fastened the clip to the insert protruded through the top side of the insert. I easily corrected that by glueing a piece of a tongue depressor to the bottom of the insert and then placed the clip on that. That little extra thickness was all that was needed.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I mount what looks like a tongue depresser on a standoff on the bottom side of the ZC inserts I make. Just glue them on. The springiness of the oak snugs the backside of the insert down really well, and the screw holds down the front side. The insert material is 1/4" plywood scraps.
        Works for me.
        It\'s all in the name: Bucheron (FR)= woodchopper

Comment

what is a mirror clip look like? Have a link to a photo of a mirror clip or what your insert looks like?

-J

Comment

jip,

Here's a picture of several different designs that are available. I use the side mount style. http://www.glassonwheels.com/glassaccessories.asp

I get mine at Menards in packs of 8 for about $3.00 a pack. I've never looked for them there but I would bet that HD, Lowes and your local hardware store have them also.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
            X