X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 18 gauge brad nailer

Looking at getting a Rigid brad nailer and have no experience with them. My question is will any 18 gauge brads work in the Rigid? Any brand brads better than others? Any brands to stay away from?

Thanks
    Tex

Re: Ridgid 18 gauge brad nailer

Ive used just about all the brands out there and have had no problems with any of them working with this nailer.

Comment

I've had the brad nailer for a couple of years now. I don't use it a lot, but have gone through a package and a half of brads. I used Porter-Cable brads and one other brand that I can't remember. Bought them at Home Depot though. I've never had a jam or a misfire, as the brad nailer works exceptionally well.

CWS

Comment

I do prefer the Porter Cable brads .

Comment

Straight brads are pretty universal. You don't have to worry about compatibility issues so much until you have angled guns.

Comment

As others have indicated Porter Cable brads are popular as they are easy to find.
            You can get them at Home Depot and Lowe's, but you may need the internet to get the not so popular sizes. I also have purchased boxes of "nameless brads" at Harbor Freight.

A very important procedure you should do prior to using any brads..is clean them before inserting them into your nailer. Often the brads may have a wax type or oily coating to keep them "pretty". This may and often can cause a jam. Just wipe the clip of nails with a lint free rag, one swipe is all that's needed and you should never experience a jam due to dirty brads.

I simply wipe down the entire box of brads when I buy them and then I don't have to worry about remembering to do that when I'm working on a project and need to reload the nailer.

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
            X