Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Birthday present suggestions

Originally posted by onedkcharette View Post
    i agree. clamps, clamps and more clamps.... the only way to tackle that is a few at a time. $$$$$

how about the K3 kreg pocket hole jig kit. i think you can pick one up these days for less than 140-. they do work great.
    Buy the K3 master system through Hartville tool and mention "WOODNET" in the comments section. Nets out to about $111 (but you have to pay shipping). I ordered one a week or so ago and also got the Kreg micro pocket insert, which is a new thing. Apparently ideal for 1/2" plywood, as the normal pocket holes & screws rest a little proud in 1/2" materials...

All told, K3 master system, micro pocket kit, including shipping, came out to $157.

Alternativley, Rockler has a 20% off coupon (one item) if you have a store nearby. Can't combine it with free shipping.

Finally, this is something I'm thinking about for Christmas (for LOML to get me), but I'm not sure how much I'd use it...
    http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...nt_system.html

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
      Buy the K3 master system through Hartville tool and mention "WOODNET" in the comments section. Nets out to about $111 (but you have to pay shipping). I ordered one a week or so ago and also got the Kreg micro pocket insert, which is a new thing. Apparently ideal for 1/2" plywood, as the normal pocket holes & screws rest a little proud in 1/2" materials...

All told, K3 master system, micro pocket kit, including shipping, came out to $157.

Alternativley, Rockler has a 20% off coupon (one item) if you have a store nearby. Can't combine it with free shipping.

Finally, this is something I'm thinking about for Christmas (for LOML to get me), but I'm not sure how much I'd use it...
      http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...nt_system.html

the k3 master system is the one i had picked up for 139-. worth every penny. the time saved using this tool will pay for itself the first project you use it on.

Comment

I have to vote for the bandsaw. It is one of my frequent "go to" tools. I can't comment on the Ridgid, other than to say I have a Ridgid 3660 TS, and a Ridgid 06101 jointer, and they are both fine machines.

As one of the earlier posters said, if you can find a HD with the jointer on sale for $240, run, don't walk. That's a super deal, and at that price its worth putting it to the head of the line, and get the BS later.

You are in the Atlanta area, home of HD. Maybe one of the posters knows of a HD within driving distance that has one on clearance. You could also call the home office there. You might get someone very helpful who will stear you in the right direction.
        "non illegitimis carborundum"

Comment

Working...
        X