X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockler $699 Jet Table Saw

I am in the process of aligning my Ridgid 3650 that I just bought when I see in Rockler's sale paper that they have a Jet cabinet saw for $699 with a free mobile base AND the micro glide fence AND a free stool! I'm kind of wondering if it would be worth it to take my Ridgid back and upgrade to this saw. It's $100 more, but I don't know if it's worth it. Has anyone else seen this? I was going to Rockler at lunch today to look at it.

Thanks
    Derrick

Yep,

I saw it too in latest flyer. It's 200 dollar off on sale til end of Feb. Nice looking saw for those in the market for a table saw. Looks like they took their normal cabinet saw and slapped a 1 3/4 hp engine on it making a pretty sweet deal.

Jake

Comment

I saw this in flyer also - from what I can gather it's the contractor saw, not a "cabinet saw" per se but it is enclosed so guess they can attempt to make the claim. From what I've heard --- it is the same trunion and everything else that they have in contractor - read Delta in Canada has an enclosed contrator saw that also labeled a cabinet saw. It's really somewhat a play on words IMO-enclosed equals cabinet But enclosed is nice

Have not seen one other than picture. The Jet contractor saw is decent saw, enclosed likely even better. Add a mobile base-gets even better still.

That fence I have not seen - or at least it appears to be different than one I am familiar with.

Seems like a pretty decent package and price assuming the fence is solid. I'd sure be curious as to your impressions after touching one.

I sense some changes in pricing coming with all these companies. A minor modification here, extra bell and whistle there. There is huge market just above a standard cs and below a cabinet saw. Grizzly started this price game and rest will have to follow or suffer IMO. We users win

Headed over this weekend to look also.

[ 02-05-2004, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Smokin'Joe ]
      \"NowhereMan, are you listenin\', do you know what you\'re missin\', NowhereMan....\" Fab Four

Comment

I think you're right about the Grizzlly thing starting price wars. I read yesterday on Woodonline that Delta is or may be up for sale soon b/c of profit margins going down on their tool business.

I hope the quality / service of these large companies don't end up suffering in the long run b/c of it.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:
          I hope the quality / service of these large companies don't end up suffering in the long run b/c of it.
          Unfortunately, in most cases, more for less usually means if you get more of something you also get less of something else.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Here is yet another VERY intriguing saw at phenominal price. These are used in many Vo-Tech and community colleges in upper mid-west. My son has one and loves it. It has endured 4 years of abuse by him and he has never had any problems with it.

I am all in favor of market dictating pricing. Hope that there is no quality decline also. If it happens - which it may initially as it often is the case in autos, heavy equipment, technology, etc - it again is so market dictated that it corrects itself quickly. And all of us essentially end up better for it, at least financially (assuming we do not lose our jobs).

It indeed is sad when U.S. companies find themselves forced to sell or totally change the way they do business. In the beginning it in fact was themselves that created this 2 headed beast. Now they often find they on the other end of it.

This is a changing world - way to fast for me.

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...c=1&PHPSESSID=

Comment

Pretty soon we'll all be telecommuting to chinese companies for 12 bucks a day and living in stick houses again.. LOL

Jake

Comment

Do you have the model number? sounds very interesting. Wonder if this is avail for mail order also.

Comment

Give them a call. It does not list a number on the advertisement, but it is

10 " cabinet saw w/ 30" Microglide fence for 699 Plus a Jet Mobile base ( 100 dollar value on mobil base )

If you want to see the fence, it's the same one that comes on the Jet supersaws.

Jake

Comment

It's the JWCS-10A but the last numbers are not PF like on Jet's web page. I think Rockler's was LF or something like that. Rockler's comes with a better fence than the "PF" does on Jet's page, I suspect that is the difference in the model numbers. It's a "contractor saw in a box" / hybrid so the blade adjustment is like a contractor saw rather than a cabainet saw. Rockler didn't have one assembled, which I promptly told them was dumb. Who wants to drop $700 on something they can't see and touch first?

I considered returning my 3650 that I got a week ago and getting the Jet, but it only has a 30" rip capacity where I have 36", my warranty is better, I just T-9'ed my top, and I finally got the blade and fence aligned to about .001, so I hated to have to start all over again.

Comment

I noticed that fence "game" Jet seems to play when they have sales. I ran to a couple of sales on Jets when I was shopping for a saw and I actually liked the Ridgid fence better, so I bought Ridgid. A few months later I'm pointing out the Jet to a friend at another store, and suddenly this Jet has a good fence, but was a different price. Its like they have four models that all look the same from 10 feet away!
                      \"Is it Friday yet?\"

Comment

That's what aggrivated me with Rockler. Every Jet they had had the fence BADLY out of adjustment. They give you the impression that the fences are crap simply because they don't take the time to get their displays in tip top shape.

I agree, I like the Ridgid fence better than either Jet fence that I saw. Now that Incra...

Comment

From my experience, Woodcraft here has the best saw setups. I agree with rockler's. They are well worked over when you go to look at them. I wonder if they continually tune the ones at Woodcraft or just put them together properly... lol.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                          X