X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thickness Planer TP1300LS

I'm thinking of purchasing a planer and looked at the Ridgid TP1300LS. I like the idea that it comes with a stand and table extendions etc. Any comments on those that have one and like or dislike it. Also, I tried to find somewhere on the internet that sells replacement blades and could not. How do they compare in price to other replacement blades? I could not find any at Home Depot.

Any response would be appreciated.

Bruce Streyle

Originally posted by bstreyle:
    Also, I tried to find somewhere on the internet that sells replacement blades and could not. How do they compare in price to other replacement blades? I could not find any at Home Depot.
    The lack of replacement blade availability was one reason I didn't buy the Ridgid Planer. Another was that even though the Ridgid generally receives good reviews, there are other planers on the market that are close to the Ridgid in price but have more advanced features.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I've had one for almost a year and it's been great. I don't run a lot of wood through it, but I've been building a few pieces of oak furniture and it's done a great job. I have just a tad of snipe (can't see it but I can feel it) when using it on longer boards, but they clean up with a hint of sanding. This is my first planner so I don't have anything to compare it with, but I love it. The finish is like glass and it's really easy to set it up. The only thing that caught me by surprise was IT'S LOUD!!! And it generates a bunch of shavings. I have run maybe 200 bf of oak and maybe half that again of fir/pine and I'm on my first set of blades. It does come with a spare set, but I have seen them at Home Depot, so I know they're available.
      Good Luck,
      Gene

Comment

The planer knives are available at HD but you may have to order them thru customer service. In the HD where I shop they always have the planer knives in stock but never the jointer knives. It only takes a few days for orders to come in and if you can find a HD employee who wants to help customers they can check with other stores and have them in in a couple of days.

Comment

One more note on this. The knives are reversible. You get 2 sets in one. LOL Had my 1300 for about 3 years now and it works great on all types of wood.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I've had mine for several years and have been pleased with it.

HD carries the blades here and they run $30.00.

Jerry
            It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

I own a ridgid thickness planer; have run over 1300bf of oak, maple, walnut etc. BadgerDave “have more advanced features” What are you talking about?

Comment

I have had mine for a little over a year now and am very pleased with it. Changed my first set of knives last week. I have ran about 50 to 70 pallets of wood through it mostly Oak. No problems getting knives here in Southeast Louisiana.
                Regards
                Randy

Suggest A Fix PC Support Forums, Wilders Security Forums, Free on line virus Scan, The Parasite Fight
                ASAP Proud member since 2004 ~ Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
                Outpost Firewall User's Support Forum

WinMe, OutPost FireWall Pro V2.5 Beta, FireFox 1.0PR, SpyBlocker 8.5/SpywareStopper 7.0, Nod32 AV, Trojan Hunter and alot of other goodies.

Comment

Working...
                X