X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood magazine tool cabinet

Very useful since I have such a very small shop. I adjusted the height due to a beam but still handles 4 tools nicely.
    Attached Files

Re: Wood magazine tool cabinet

Nice job. What holds the tools to the roller cabinets?
    Here is a set I designed many years ago, the tool platforms fit inside a cutout in the main top and then the cherry toggles hold them to the roller cabinet
    Attached Files

Comment

I use a pivoting top to house my drill press and thickness planer.

I use the drill press a lot more than the planer, so it stores in the lower compartment. When I need the planer, I loosen the four corner wingnuts and swing the bolts out of the slots Picture 2. Swing the DP over (top pivots on the large dowel) and the planer comes up. Swing in the bolts and tighten the wingnuts.

I found the original idea somewhere on the web a long time ago.
      Last edited by billmoy; 11-25-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Both of those look great. Simple weight of the machine and the 1 1/2 pine edge wrapped gives it an inset.
        I thought about the flip top plan but I didn't want two short rolling cabinets in the way. I like the one tall....and then, for extra versitility, I leave one tool on the bench and have a mobile bench to have next to a project.
        The plain work surface is also a good height for my chair to research or draw. all the other benches are too tall for this.
        Last edited by rjm78; 09-14-2009, 10:31 PM.

Comment

How do you like That Ridgid Planer? I just picked one up tonight, The in store price was $399 but they gave it to me for the online price of $369,Take the $75 off and then add tax I got it for $317

Comment

Love it! Search on here for the way to adjust the tables, (slightly higher than level)

Comment

Originally posted by rjm78 View Post
              Love it! Search on here for the way to adjust the tables, (slightly higher than level)
              I have the 4330 too. It's a great machine, have run many board feet of red oak thru it. No nicks scratches or snipe so far.

Buck

Comment

Working...
              X