Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 13" Planer?

Hi Everyone,
    I just returned a DeWalt DW735 planer because of sprocket problems. I really liked the features of the DeWalt, but it was not a reliable tool.

So now I am back in the market for a 13" planer. Can anyone tell me how the Ridgid compares with the DeWalt 13" or the Delta 13" planers? I'm not sure if I want to buy another DeWalt and hope it's better, or just go with another brand.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dewalt is a little bit nicer of a unit. I myself have the Ridgid TP1300 and JP0610 and both work flawlessly. i like the price and ease of use of my Ridgid tools. There were a few complaints here about snipe occurring when the stock is first fed into planer...to get around this if you have a machine that tends to snipe, feed the stock slightly tilted.
    Great tool for the money...for about the same cash look at the Delta.

Comment

I just bought the DeWalt 735. What type of sprocket problems were you having?

Comment

I have had my Ridgid for about 2 years without any problems at all. Snipe can be avoided by properly adjusting the infeed and outfeed tables.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I've had my Ridgid for a year and a half. It has worked perfectly for me.
          Jeff

Comment

For what its worth...I just finished reading a test done in the Journal of light construction.
            The author prefered the makita2012nb because of its light wheight and performance (he brings it to the jobsite everyday)His second choice however was a tie between the delta22-580 and the dewalts. The dewalt 734 seems to get better reports (Amazon)than the 735 you might want to consider it. The author did not test the Grizzly's
            Barrell

Comment

p.s. The authors complaint about the rigid1300ls was snipe at both ends and chip bruising and portability which shouldnt be a problem in the shop.
              barrell

Comment

MSchenker, What kind of problems were you having with your DeWalt 13" planer? I just bought one and your comments have gotten my curiosity up....

Comment

Re: Ridgid 13" Planer?

i am at a loss how to properly adjust the table as i bought mine used and do not have a manual. Can you help me????

Comment

Re: Ridgid 13" Planer?

Wiskereedone,

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great information and help here, so please feel free to join in.

Regarding your planer, I presume you are talking about the TP1300. If so, here is a link to the manual:
                    http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/083A211...00_316_Man.pdf

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                    X