Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Dust Collection System

Hi Guys:

I recently purchased a new home and moving in Sept. I now will have a workshop in the basement rather that in a cold garage. My workshop will be in the basement approx. 30'X60' floor space. My concern is dust building up so i've decided to build a dust collection system. I've researched alot but would appreciate any comments or suggestions before i start.

Thanks

I would suggest you start at this site. One of the formost experts I know of on home shop dust removal.

www.home.earthlink.net/~sonnypie/
    Support Our Troops!
    www.mnpatriotguard.org
    www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Tonka,
      There is a great WW forum on WOOD ONLINE woodmagazine.com which is split into many subjects and one of those is air cleaning systems etc. This forum is a great source of information and all the members are extremely helpful. Ridgid and Wood online are all I use, I have looked at others but these two fill my needs.

Regards Ivor

Comment

thanks for the advise guys

Comment

Since it sounds like your new home is still being built---why not take advantage of this---

If you have plumbers/mechanical contractors on site, you could possibly get them to install a run, for locating a DC or cyclone, outside or otherwise away from the shop, and use metal ducting for a main trunk/header, with T's at appropiate places. Also, try to do the same for electrical, 220, etc. Cheaper to put in the right stuff now, than later.
          Dave

Comment

If you are going to place the DC unit away from the shop, make sure it is wired so it can be turned on/off from the shop.

Comment

Working...
            X