Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old 12" CMS for $219-Good Deal?

Hi All,

Was at my local HD last night, and they had the older version of the 12 CMS with stand for $219. Is this a good price or would I better spending $299 for the new 12" CMS

They also had the older 12" SCMS for $519. They did have a NIB, new model of the 12" SCMS on the floor, but not priced.

Help.....what to do!

Also, for those who were able to get a better deal than posted at HD, who did you talk to and what % off did you get from the listed "sale price"

THANKS

Peter
    -Peter W. Lent<BR>PMi Solutions<BR>www.pmisolutions.net

Peter---those prices don't sound like much of a discount to me. While I wouldn't hesitate buying a Ridgid tool on close-out (except maybe the lathe ) I'd expect a substantial discount---which these prices aren't----otherwise, there are many new saws with laser sighting, etc., for just a few bucks more.
    Dave

Comment

The only time I ever get a discount is on the floor models. I ask the salesman if they have any left, if the last one is the floor model, they usually say so,
      then I ask how much for the floor model, they usually offer about 10 to 15% off. Warning: the floor model often does not have a manual and may be missing parts, this can easily add up to more than the discount, so be careful.
      From what I can tell the HD salespeople have some discretion on discounts, especially in the tool corral. Talk to some of them and get a feel for which ones are nice people and which are not. Remember, everybody has bad days, especially HD employees, so find the one not having a bad day.
      I bought a demo sander for about 20% off, the salesman threw in about $20 worth of sandpaper just because I asked. The sander was only $30, it ended up being a great deal. If you don't ask, you won't get.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I am going to go back today and see what I can do.

The 12" SCMS was the same price as the TS3612, and now the TS 3612 is under $400, so I 'assume' I should be able to get the same price on the 12" SCMS.

Note: All of these units are floor models.

THANKS

Peter

Comment

Afraid the stories of discounts have dealt with more than just 10-15% off floor models----They're pretty much replacing the entire Ridgid stationary tool line---some just color changes, other entire redesigns.

As I said, with the CMSs, it's a whole new ballgame, with the lasers now added.

But, much of the price cutting seems to be regionally driven---so you just have to make up your mind what a tool is worth and what is the competition has for the same or slightly more----
          Dave

Comment

Peter:

Let us ALL know if you can get the 12 inch SCMS for $400 (US). If the saw hits the Canadian HDs before December, then there is a chance that they be discounted here as well! The big problem for us in Canada with this particular item is that it has not yet been introduced by HD in Canada. I am hoping that some of the older (original colored) stock makes its way up here. If anyone in the Ottawa - Montreal - Toronto region finds this stock available PLEASE POST! The regular price is supposed to be somewhere around $850 to $900 CDN. Therefore a $560 to 600 CDN price would be the best deal going on SCMSs in Canada! OH PLEASE MAY THIS HAPPEN FOR ME!!!
            Chris Berg

Comment

Here si an update for you. Went to HD yesterday and they had marked down the SCMS to $499

I spoke to the supposed tool corral manager and offered him $400 for it and he siad sorry, that was 'very confident' that it would sell for $499.

I said thanks and left.

I will continue to check back and see if it is still there.

-Peter

Comment

Well guys, I found a NIB, 12" SCMS on clearance for $425 at my local HD. I also had a 10% off coupon so it cost me about $380 for the saw. A good deal in my opinion.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the laser from the new model for the older model SCMS?

THANKS

Peter

Comment

Hey guys, I went into the HD this weekend to buy a new 18v Drill and while I was talking with the tool manager, we discussed all of the old RIDGID tools that I have purchased in the last 3 months. Well they had 4 MS1290 saws fresh in the box marked down from $597 to $499. Anyways the guy asked me if I had one of these and I told him that I had a Dewalt 10" miter saw and it was great. WELL.....he told me that today only, meaning this past Sunday, that he would sell me one of the RIDGID MS1290's for 30% off. With my 10% coupon that I had with me, this MS1290 cost me only $340 dollars with tax. As they did not have the saw on display, I got home and opened the box and WOW what a saw, it makes my Dewalt look like a toy. Glad I went to HD this weekend.
                  If it ain\'t broke, tell the wife it is so that you can get more TOOLS!!

Comment

Working...
                  X