R4511 Sheaves (Pulleys) Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R4511 Sheaves (Pulleys) Upgrade

could somebody tell me what exactly are the sheaves? are they the wheels that the belt rides on? my saw shakes pretty badly while running.with out the belt on, it is smooth as silk. with the belt on, nickles fall all over the place while the saw is running (except for the left wing table) the pulley wheels are in good alignment, and the belt is properly installed. but even without a blade on, the saw still shakes pretty bad while moter is running. it shakes a little worse on shut down. the factory belt appears to be very cheap and i've trimmed some lumps off. but i think the only thing that could help it is to throw it away. i will order a new belt, but was wondering if anybody else had this much vibration that was caused by the belt alone?

Comment

Please realize that I'm not trying to be a Smart A _ _, but what is the big concern about a little vibration on shutdown? I think it is normal and I can't see the negative impact on performance of what the saw is meant to do... cut wood.

My Ridgid replaced a saw that was many times more noisy, vibrated from start up to shut down, I realized I wasn't buying a elite quality saw, but I paid a fraction of the price too... What is the concern about the shut down vibration?

Comment

Originally posted by iamwelty2 View Post
        but what is the big concern about a little vibration on shutdown?
        Well.....I can't speak for the other folks, but mine had more than a vibration on shutdown. It had a bad shake, as best I can describe it. The whole saw would shimmy probably as much as 3/16" from side to side, and I was worried about things working loose, and about possibly causing the granite to crack over time.

The new belt solved my problem, but it was enough of a shake/rattle/and roll that I was worried about the longevity of the saw, if I let it continue.

Comment

There's a phenomenon called regeneration that's an interaction between the motor and the capacitors that can occur during shutdown. I've read that adding resistors across the caps can cure it but I couldn't tell you what values to use or exactly where to place them. If it's only occurring during shutdown, it's generally not worth bothering with.

Comment

Working...
          X