hose clamp help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hose clamp help

I have the PC random orbit sander and the in-line sander and I use the dust collection hose interchangably. The vibration from the sanders consistently pop the hose off leaving me in a cloud of dust. [img]redface.gif[/img]

I know I have seen small hose clamps that you simply pinch the ends to widen and release for them to tighten, I just can't remember where or what they were called. Anybody know what I am talking about? Any other ideas for making the hose stick without having to screw on and off a hose clamp?

[ 08-05-2003, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Jerry Jensen ]

Ring style clamps, pinch clamps, Corbin clamps. A lot of mechanics have MUCH more colorful names for them that don't bear repeating here. Without a specific pair of pliers, they are kind of a pain to work with. If you went into a good auto parts store and used exactly the phrasing you did here, they'll know what you are talking about.

What I did on my PC333 is take a small sheetmetal screw and run it through the two pieces. Only takes a couple turns to remove. The one I used is a trim screw off a '63 Buick, but I've heard other makes work OK too.

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave - do you run it straight through the entire hose (meaning the screw would cross through the diameter)? I avoided that because of my concern for blocking the flow, but the fine dust would probably not be affected?

Comment

No, just a little short screw. If the fit is tight, one screw holds the hose in place very well. Makes it easy to take off, just a couple turns. Screw is maybe 3/8" or a half inch long.

Dave

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Comment

I took some good ole duct tape and wrapped it around the exhaust port on my PC333 to increase the port OD a bit. The hose now fits snuggly onto the exhaust port and never comes off until I take it off.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
            X