X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fence for 1400BS

Is the fence worth buying for the ridgid band saw, or is it better to buy some other aftermarket fence for this saw? Cost is about 80 bucks with shipping

You might get some suggestions for aftermarket fences. I was just going to say, I've seen Norm use one of those straight edge thingies with the built in clamping---they sell a short verison just the right size. Also, if you read Lonnie Bird's Bandsaw or other good books on bandsaws, they'll tell you how to build your own fence.
    Dave

Comment

I don't know if it was poor assembly or the fence itself but the fence on display at the local HD takes two hands to move it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] If you try and move it with only one hand, it binds up and won't move at all.

[ 10-05-2004, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=hi&n=552914

I have the Jet fence and I am pleased. The first 2 reviews are not correct as to my fence which is as shown with scale,resaw att. that I received and is a direct bolt on to my grey one at least.

http://www.prairieriverwoodworking.com/Specials.asp

This is another alternative.

Comment

I bought the Duginske extruded aluminum fence. I have had it aboutr a year, and could not be more pleased. Anymore, I rip more on the BS than the TS. Once you adjust for blade drift, the cut is as easy as on a TS.

Be safe - have fun!

Mike Narges

Comment

I do have the the BS 1400 with the ridgid fence got it for $35 on clearance at the Depot. Its a pretty descent fence I have no problem adjusting it and it works just great.

Comment

Working...
            X