Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree with Bob. Although I have not actually added in a router table as of yet into my TS3650...

I had wanted to add mine into the the right side just to increase my table space, but as Bob has pointed out that puts more stress on the rails and not sure I want to go there and add the additional structure. I am still looking to decide, but there are many things to consider.

WWS
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I think maybe I was not clear in my last. I think if you are adding a router table onto a TS the best place is on the right side between the rails. My concern about the BenchDog CI router table being added (instead of replacing) along side the table saw's right-hand wing has to do with the weight, not the location. The weight bothers me from a overall TS stability standpoint and I worry about what it would/could do to the rails if no additional support is provided.

For me and the way I work, I would not want a router table extension mounted to the left side of the TS, no matter what material it was made from.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Hello again guys. It's good to read all this stuff on the router extension as I still wait for my router combo to arrive. After the router arrives via UPS, I expect to want the table extension (Mulecab)

Couple more questions:
        1)The Mulecab 27" for the TS3650 is $139 but I'll need the fence for $55 right?
        2)My shop just got smaller since I cleaned up one bay and put the Jeep back in! Makes me rethink making the TS bigger with the extenstion or just buying a separate somewhat portable router table.

Thanks in advance.

Skip
        Stay well and play well.
        Skip

Comment

I see what you are talking about. It would be no big deal to get a fence system that has rails over there (to the left). I just have a hard time using my friends saw whenever I have to cut a piece of plywood in half as there is no support over there.
          Adding the fence rails is no problem, and I can support it easily enough. I was just wondering if ther would be any real problems. Thanks for the reply's.

Steve

Comment

Skip, I don't see how adding the router table on the right would increase the footprint of the table saw, the rails extend out that far already, you're just filling in the space between them with the router table.

Now if you put the router table on the left siade, yes, you would increase the area consumed by the TS.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            ---------
            ---------

Comment

Bob,
              That's a good point. The footprint of the TS with or without an extension on the RH side would be the same. So that just leaves the question of a router table fence. I would need to buy the Mulecab fence in addition to the extension, right?
              Skip
              Stay well and play well.
              Skip

Comment

Yes, you need to get a fence. If you are looking at the Mulecab fence then the M-4 for $65.00. When I bought my router table from them, they had been selling the Freud SH-5 Fence, but had just stopped, and hadn't come out with their M-4 Fence yet, so I bought the SH-5 through Amazon. It's currently on (perpetual?) sale at Amazon for $99 with free shipping. It was $99 2 years ago when I bought it.

You can also build your own. There are plenty of free plans around the internet for router stations, just built the fence portion, or look over a few and design your own with the combined features of two or more. You might also want to look at Pat Warner's web site , he has plenty of information on his site that can help guide you when it comes to routers and their accessories.
                Last edited by Bob D.; 02-05-2006, 08:59 AM.
                ---------------
                ---------------
                ---------
                ---------

Comment

Working...
                X