Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auxillary/sacraficial fence for TS 3650?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auxillary/sacraficial fence for TS 3650?

What do you guys do with the stock fence. Especially when you need the height taller? Also......store bought tennoning jig(metal) or shop made?

Re: Auxillary/sacraficial fence for TS 3650?

Check out this thread.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

definately store bought tenoning jig. the october, 2009 issue of wood magazine did a comparison test of 10 tenoning jigs. this one was their top tool:

http://www.tools-plus.com/delta-34-1...term=DEA34-184

this one was the top value tool:

http://www.grizzlyindustrial.com/pro...ning-Jig/H7583

if you want to make one, the sept/oct issue of woodworker's journal had a how to article in it for an adjustable tenoning jig.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        if you want to make one, the sept/oct issue of woodworker's journal had a how to article in it for an adjustable tenoning jig.
        That's actually where I got the idea from but then realized maybe I should just buy it.

Comment

I have used a shop built sacrificial fence for my dado cut for years. You can make the fence as tall as you like and add a track for hold down finger boards, just back the main fence another piece the same height as the rip fence, drill 2 holes and attach it to the rip fence with 2 Rockler type clamps. This will hold it tight to the fence with no kickout at the bottom. Just raise the dado blade up about 2 inches and about 1/4 into the sacrificial fence. Buy the Delta jig, it is worth every penny, very adjustable and easy to used.
          Never use your thumb to check the sharpness of a spinning blade

Comment

About 3 years ago I started this thread.
            http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9347

However, the photo I included is now gone for some reason.

Still, check out the fence clamps that Rockler has out now. They came out a little over a year ago I think and work very well (I bought a pair last year). You can use one pair with many different styles of fences.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
            X