Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cross cutting large panel's.

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
    bob...any chance of a photo or two of that set up?
    No, I don't have one and it is broke down right now, but next time I have cause to set it up I will snap a few.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by FINER9998
      bob...any chance of a photo or two of that set up?

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      No, I don't have one and it is broke down right now, but next time I have cause to set it up I will snap a few.
      I have a 40 x40" table top that I may use the super sled on to trim/square up. I'll snap a few pics in the next day or so as promised if I do end up setting it up.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      ---------
      ---------

Comment

OK, here are some quick pics of the sled set up this afternoon. Mind you this thing started out as a
        one time use for the dozen or so doors I was trimming the bottom off a while back. I never made a
        permanent rail. The one time I thought I would use this I just put something together with what I
        had available in the shop, a 1x6" x 8' long, a 10 foot length of 1-1/4" PVC, and some RIDGID Flip-Top
        stands.

So I put it all back together this afternoon so I could use it again. I guess I will have to make a
        permanent (and better) rail system and find a place to store it in the shop. I also need to spread
        the rollers out a bit so they contact the rail further apart, at about 10 & 2 O'Clock would be better
        than the 11 & 1 O'Clock positions they are in now. The wider stance will let it track better on the
        rail and it will be less likely to jump off the rail. This would also allow me to drill an access hole at
        12 O'Clock to reach in and fasten mounting screws through the bottom of the rail into the wood
        below. If I do this I will rout a groove in the rail to rest the rail in and keep it straight. The blade I
        used for this cut is a Ridge Carbide TS-2000

Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment

This sled is 4 foot deep. The table top that is in the sled
        in the last photo is 40" square and 1" thick red oak.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bob D.; 11-29-2009, 08:28 PM.
        ---------------
        ---------------
        ---------
        ---------

Comment

Working...
        X