X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest Project - Coffee Table

My boys just moved into an apartment and they took my wife's hope chest to use as a coffee table/footrest. After a week it looked pretty bad. I built them this coffee table so I can bring the hope chest back and refinish it.

It's made with red oak that I put a light coat of cherry stain on. It has enough poly on it to withstand any amount of beverage and foot traffic they can throw at it. The table is 17" high x 33.5" wide x 21.5" deep and has some storage inside. I never found apartments to be particularly secure so I added a couple of hidden drawers that can hold things out of sight.

...Chuck
    Attached Files

Re: My Latest Project - Coffee Table

That's a nice looking table. The storage is really useful, especially for an apartment.

Comment

The sliding apron with the hidden drawers is a pretty slick idea. The whole thing looks stout enough to survive apartment life.

Comment

Nice Job !!

That looks sweet
        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Wow, really nice. Plan on putting up specs? I would love to make something like that.

Comment

Nice job and clever design!

Comment

Originally posted by strum View Post
              Wow, really nice. Plan on putting up specs? I would love to make something like that.

These were the basic plans. I made a few modifications like tapering the legs on only two sides and the hidden drawers.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...g/1273216.html

Comment

Very nice.

For the first two pics I was looking for the outline of the drawers. The sliding panel is a great idea.

Comment

Working...
                X