Booth at craft fair Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booth at craft fair Saturday

Well, for the first time ever I am going to have a booth at a local craft fair. This will be my first attempt to sell my woodworking projects in this setting. So far I have just built gifts for relatives. So, we'll see if this hobby can start funding itself. Wish me well.
    Alan
    My Shop

All the best, Alan. Hope you sell lots and make repeat customers.
    - Doug

Comment

Good luck, Alan. What kinds of projects are you selling? Any pictures?

Comment

Here's hoping come Saturday night that your wallet is full and you have nothing left to haul home. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Alan J. - How did you do at the craft fair?

Comment

Originally posted by bdueker:
            Alan J. - How did you do at the craft fair?
            I hate to say nowhere near what I had hoped for...only sold one piece But, overall, the experience was positive. Since this was the first show I have done I was not sure what to expect. I had items from $5 to $30 but I don't think price was the factor. It did rain the first half of the show (it was an outdoor event) so that affected turnout. But just by watching the attenders stroll by I did not observe many people carrying purchases. As a matter of fact a few of the exhibiters packed up and left early, I'm talking by 11am! The sun finally broke out around 12:00-12:30 and attendence picked up but purchases did not seem to. I think I'll do another one. I'm just not sure how to interpret the results ... wrong "audience", wrong venue, wrong items, weather, people just wern't buying, etc. I am disappointed but not beat down [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks for asking. And Stuart, I will try to get some photos up sometime.
            Alan
            My Shop

Comment

I haven't done the craft fair bit, but remember a suggestion from someone who did it a lot...

He suggested using some exotic wood for a sample - a box out of zebra wood for example. It made people stop to talk, greatly increasing the chance of purchases, even though they normally purchased the more conventional pieces.

Comment

Working...
              X