X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Jointer Height

I have a JP0610 Jointer. Just assembled. I want to adjust the outfeed table but am unable to do so. Directions say to loosen the locking screws (plural) and adjust the knob. But I could only find 1 locking screw on the outfeed table (another on the infeed). I loosened it to the point that I took it out but when I turn the adjustment knob the outfeed table doesn't budge.

Re: Adjusting Jointer Height

parts book,
    http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/D3BD143...101_393_PL.pdf

page 2

item #12 and #13, more than likely it is a small screw 1/4" with a nut on it and it tightens up the Gib on the dove tail, loosen the nut and more than likely use a screw driver or an Allen wrench to loosen, I do not know what type of screw they used,
    (note: just loosen it do not remove it). or you may loose the Gib out of it location and then you may have more reassembly than one wants.

the other locking screw or Gib adjusting screw, is a larger (thumb screw or similar) that is #31. this appears to be near the top of the slide and the other is near the bottom edge, (there may be more than the two shown in the parts catalog, as the manual shows more),

also check the page 30 of the operators manual and there is a picture of the location of the Gib screws, and the normal locking screw,
    http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/43B3AEA...01_393_Man.pdf figure #43
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Yah that did it. I had to loosen the set screws to where the set screw almost had no contact with the gib. If I put more than a little pressure it doesn't allow the table to slide down. When raising the table the elevation screw is more than enough to push the table up. Is this how it's supposed to be?

Comment

yes the elevation screw should be able to move the table to adjust the height,

I do not have a Ridgid jointer but have machine tools and a jointer that was made 50 years before yours, but works similar,

my guess is there may be some rust preventive on the Gib and makes it sticky, or just not "polished" up yet by use, (but I do not know if they "lock" the Gib with the Gib adjusting screw, for shipping).

one should be able to carefully snug (maybe only finger tight, or lightly finger tight) and be able to move the table with the elevation screw, then the locking screw should tighten it to hold it "LOCKED" not the Gib screw., one could try some grease on the dovetail slide but more than likely one would have to disassemble it more than one may want to,
        the easiest way I have found to adjust the Gib screws is to move the "slide" and tighten until play is removed but still able to move with minimal resistance, and then lock with the set nut, (holding the screw when tightening locking nut). if more than one Gib screw do one at a time, (If multiple screws one may need to readjust some of the first tightened after getting started)

one good thing on the rear table of a jointer about the only time one would need to adjust or readjust is when the blades have been sharpened or changed, and depending on the head you may adjust the blades to the table.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
        X