Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lathe #WL1200LS Question

Greetings,

I have the Ridgid WL1200 lathe. The tailstock center doesn't reliably line up with the headstock center. I have tightened the adjustment screw to the point where it is very hard to move the tailstock. Just discovered that the guide that is supposed to hold the tailstock in the correct position is just pop rivited onto the tube and it is loose, allowing the tailstock to pivot. Has anyone had the same problem? I had thought of drilling out the pop rivets, countersinking the holes a little and putting screws in to hold the guide secure. Has anyone done this?

Thanks,
    Charlie Campney
    Auburn, KY
    Charlie Campney

Charlie,

Email me with your address and phone number and I will get a new tube sent to you.

Jake

Comment

Jake, this may be a more systemic problem because I have had the same issue although I have not noticed any loose guide (I'll check in the morning).

The tail stock is not hard to center once you position it and then tighten the set screw, but if you tighten the screw before positioning it, it is almost impossible to slide into position.

Most of my turnings have been on the face plate so far so the issue has not bothered me all that much yet.

Comment

Working...
      X