Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2410LS Table Saw Questions

Hi all,
    A couple questions about my TS2410LS saw...
    1. The manual says to remove the "inner blade washer and spacer" when installing a dado stack then reinstall the inner blade washer. I cannot get the inner blade washer off of the arbor shaft. Does this inner washer really come off? It looks as if it is one piece with the flat sided collar on the arbor that you use to put the wrench on and appears to be pressed on to the shaft.

2. Sometimes when I turn the saw on, there is a very loud metallic "clunk" immediately after turning on the power. Most times it is a "soft" start as advertised but this loud noise is making me think something is not right. I can't find anything obvious other than when I move the blade back and forth by hand, there seems to be some very small amount of backlash or play. Anyone else have this noise at times?

3. Has anyone used an 8" dado stack on this saw? I bought an 8" dado last night before I noticed the manual says to use a 6" dado. I have not used the 8" yet but I did mount it and turn on the saw with no problems.

Thanks,
    Mark

Re: TS2410LS Table Saw Questions

I use the 6" since that is what is recommended.

I don't remove any "inner" washer for dado cutting.

I don't recall ever hearing the sound you are hearing.

Comment

3. If an 8" dado fits, a 6" dado is likely recommended because they're lighter and easier for the motor to spin.

Comment

Thanks Guys...I appreciate the help!
        Mark

Comment

Yeah, I hear the 'clunk' noise every now and then. I really do not think it is cause for concern. I have been using my saw for a couple of years and have not had any problems.

Comment

Hey...thanks for the reply Tenn40...good to know I'm not the only one who is hearing this and that you have not had problems.
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by yamr6 View Post
              Hey...thanks for the reply Tenn40...good to know I'm not the only one who is hearing this and that you have not had problems.
              Thanks!
              Yep, I hear the clunk too at times. Almost sounds like a realy abrupt, very short power surge or something, but I knw what you mean. It doesn't seem to affect cutting but can be a little startling.

Use a 6 inch dado. That's what book recommends and it does just fine. You should not remove the inner washer. In fact I don't even think you can.

Comment

Working...
              X