X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero clearance insert for r4511.

What zero clearance inserts fit the r4511.

Re: Zero clearance insert for r4511.

The Leecraft SC-1 for saw blades and the SC-2 for dado blades

Comment

And, they are very nice.

Comment

I tried to make my own out of UHMW plastic, and also plywood. Everything looked good, until the anti-kickback pawls dug into the ZC material when the blade was lowered....as the others have said, the Leecraft ZC works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mike65072 View Post
          I tried to make my own out of UHMW plastic, and also plywood. Everything looked good, until the anti-kickback pawls dug into the ZC material when the blade was lowered....as the others have said, the Leecraft ZC works just fine.
          I made one out of Red Oak. Had the same problems with the pawls. I trimmed some metal knockouts from a electrical panels main breaker on my band saw then routed out a space where they belong on the insert and super glued them in place. Drilled some holes for leveling screws and turned em in. It took a little force to get the screws in but they formed their own threads. Drilled holes for the hold down screws. Also had to rout a slot on the bottom for the blade.
          I just clamped my regular insert on the Oak after running it thru my planar for the correct thickness and routed around with a straight bit. Drilled a finger hole with forstener bit.
          Works perfect.

Buck

Comment

Two thumbs up for the Leecraft. I bought the SC-2 for my 4511 Sunday and it works great. I did drill holes for the mounting bolts (first with a 1/4" Forster bit then a 1/8" inch drill bit) and laid down great.

Charles
            Charles

Comment

Working...
            X