Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless drill replacemenrt

Hello again,
    I am NEEDING to replace my 13.2 volt Craftsman drill. It has seen it's better days, I was looking at the Delta's at the Woodsmith store and liked the over all look but has anyone used them? I am very impressed with how long my Craftsman did last but am thinking of trying something new. What do you think.

If you're looking for a cordless drill/driver that you will use hard on a daily basis then I'd stay away from the Delta. Every review I've ever seen on them puts them in the catagory of a Black & Decker, Coleman, Ryobi and others that offer long recharge times and short running time. If on the other hand your needs fall toward the occassional use around the house then the Delta might be just what you're looking for.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

No I wouldn't say It would be used everyday but I do a good deal of home remodeling and wood working on the weekends. I want a drill that will withstand everything I can put it through.

Thanks, Jason

Comment

take a good look at the Hilti SF-121A

yeah a bit pricy, but well worth the money in my opinion. i couldnt be happier with this purchase!

http://www.us.hilti.com/holus/module...RANGE_ID=r2179
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Have a look at this thread it has some good points for you
          Craftsman or Ridgid?

Comment

That's why I ask these questions, because someone out there has had the same dilema. I was wondering if maybe I should be looking at 14vlt drills. I don't know about the Ridgid due to the bad write up's in the past but I will go this weekend and look.

Thanks, Jason

Comment

i was looking at the 14 volt models as well. i have to tell you. in my opinion, the hilti 12V i bought out performs the milwaukee 14V. I couldnot be happier with this drill
              \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

I do not know how much more money the hilti is compared to the milw,but hilti is a good product as well as the milw. the battery on the milw. can be switched around in the housing for tight spots, and when ever they come in for repair its usually nothing serious. portercable is actually not that bad of a cordless drill either, from what i have seen when the come in for repair. for what you do any one out there,(dewlt,ridgid,milw,porter,panasonic,hilti or even the priciest fein will do just fine.)

Comment

Dewalt 14, is a good buy, suggest hammer drill option ; Makita, also hard to beat for the money,Currently own Dewalt , Makita, Porter, and Panasonic, use all of them but different uses as I am in the Marble and Granite Biz, highly reccommend the Dewalt or Makita for Household or DIYs Ed

Comment

IMHO, i have 3 dewalt 18v 1/2 inch chuck hammer drills and 2 of the ridgid 1/2 in chuck 14v ridgid and have had no problem with either of them.

the ridgid 14 is almost as heavy as the 18 dewalt, and the batteries cost about the same. I bought the ridgid's before xmas so I won't have to pay for batteries with the lifetime warranty, so that was why I leaned to the ridgid. If you choose either it wouldn't be a bad decision

Comment

Atest done recently between all the brands in a contractors magazine rated the panasonic the best. This was to the suprise of all the guys involved in the test. I own two makitas and have always been happy with them but will be looking at panasonic when the need arises.
                      Barrell

Comment

Working...
                      X