R4511

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511

I'm considering buying a r4511. I looked at the display, at my hardware store. The wheels turn roughly. Is this a common problerm with the saw.
    What do others think of this saw? Dave

Re: R4511

the cranks turn as smooth as any other saw. What you found is a side effect of a display model. I use mine nearly everyday and have yet to have any issues. I love mine and would recommend it to anyone. You can't beat it for the price.

Comment

Ditto on the above.. Mine is fine and dandy and works like a charm. Once you get it tuned in, it's rock solid. No pun intended.

Did move to a true riving knife and got rid of the hood, though I'm building a smaller hood onto my new knife that's detachable.. GREAT safety feature, the riving knife is.

Comment

Dave, Store models are like the worst to go by. Usually they are set up poorly and not adjusted. Plus passersby abuse them, kids play with them etc.
        It is a good saw and like the others, mine is smooth and like they said once adjusted it stays true.
        The dust collection on that style cabinet is great and the weight of the saw produces practically no vibration, and it is a pretty quiet saw with the enclosed motor.

Comment

Like everyone stated above, it is a great saw. Purchase it and you will be happy.

Red
          Red

Comment

Did you loosen the threaded locking nut first?

Comment

My wheels operate smoothly, as did the floor models I looked at before buying. Like the others have said...great saw, great value.

Comment

Working...
              X