Jointer blades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer blades

I am trying to get some extra blades for my Ridgid jointer but Home Depot is no longer carrying it and the Ridgid website doesn't have the blades (everything else though). Will the website be carrying the blades soon?

Thanks,

Bradman

Bradman, are these the blades you're looking for?:

http://www.ridgidparts.com/accessories/woodacc.phtml

David

Comment

Yes,

But you can't order them. There is no where to click like other parts. If you call the 800 number they can look up the parts but they are not listed as available.

If you enter the part number (AC8600) at the home page, the order form comes up with the form empty. You can't type in the part number.
      I think they figured that Home Depot would have the blades so they didn't put them in the system.

Bradman

Comment

try ordertree.com Ridgid cust service told me to go there for a recent parts purchase

Comment

You made me nevous about having a spare set of Jointer blades, so I ordered a set. Thanks for the lead - they are available on OrderTree (enter the part number without vendor name/code). $24.97 plus $8.95 Shipping, but at least no sales tax

Note that the Ridgid parts web site now says "call us" rather than encouraging you to enter your order.

Comment

Interesting,

I just tried ordertree and could not pull up the blades. I can look at the parts manual and get the part number (AC8600) but when I plug that into the search engine it comes up with nothing.

Bradman

Comment

sears carries them and in most cases carries them in the store. the craftsman are the exact size and fit for the ridgid. when i first got my jointer one of the blades was cracked. ridgid did replace them for free, but in the meantime i went to sears and bought a set of craftsman blades.i wanted to use my jointer now and they fit perfectly. i am sure you can find blades to fit from delta, grizzly, etc. anyone who makes a 6 1/8" jointer with jack screw adjustment will make a replacement set of blades to fit your ridgid jointer.

if that doesnt help, you can also try www.carbide.com. if i am not mistaken CMT makes a 6 1/8" jointer blade set as well and it is available there as well

hope this helps and good luck

ed
              \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
              X