Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Use rails and stile cutter instead of Wainscot cutter for wainscoting? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use rails and stile cutter instead of Wainscot cutter for wainscoting?

Any body have ever done that?
    Use rails and stile cutter instead of Wainscot cutter for wainscoting?

I planned on using kitchen doors Shaker set of rails and stiles bits to do wainscoting on the wall in my kitchen so it will match the style of my kitchen cabinets.

In order to do so, I have to invert the rail and stiles. What is used as a stile in my kitchen cabinet will be the rails on the wainscot and what is used as a rail in my kitchen cabinet will be the stile on the wainscot,

The stiles (cut with the rail bit):
    will run verticaly, about 22 inches, the cope being on top and bottom ends and with a stile dado cut on both sides, left and right (except for the fist and last rails that will have only one side cut with a stile dado).

The rails (cut with the stile bit)
    will run from left to right, around 7 foot long.
    It will have a dado groove on the hole length.
    One will be use for base plate, one for top.

Will use 3/4" hard mable for the stiles and rails, 1/4" plywood with maple veneed for the pannels

Will top it with a bullnose.

Re: Use rails and stile cutter instead of Wainscot cutter for wainscoting?

I have made a panel type wainscoting using rails and Stiles and putting in panels that were milled, and "ran the rails" across in one piece and the "stiles" up to the rails in the middle of the rails.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: Use rails and stile cutter instead of Wainscot cutter for wainscoting?

Thanks, that will save me from buying a new set of cutters.

Comment

Working...
      X