4511 and steel city riving knives....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4511 and steel city riving knives....

Just got my SC riving knives (only took about 4 months!) and went to install the full kerf one. As expected it didnt just slide in like the stocker.

I loosened the 4 screws holding the clamp plate in then slid the knife in. Tightened the bolts and Im sure its fine, but I was wondering if anyone has tried making a spacer to go between the clamp plate so that the bolts tighten but dont completely hold the knife in......so you can use the quick screw to remove the SC knife.

Not sure if thats a safety risk or not.......doesnt seem like you would need a whole bunch of space, just enough to make the knife semi-secure before using the quick screw knob to tighten it in place.

Thanks.

-Chris

Re: 4511 and steel city riving knives....

I ground my SC knives down until they were the exact same specs as the stock splitter. I can now use the quick release lever to remove and insert them.

Big G

Comment

Originally posted by Big G View Post
      I ground my SC knives down until they were the exact same specs as the stock splitter. I can now use the quick release lever to remove and insert them.

Big G
      How far off was it? I dont have a bench grinder yet (can you believe it!!???), Ill have to get a hold of one somehow.

Comment

I just used a few thin washers to space the plate out more.. Did not use the SC knife though... Got mine from Lee Styron.. Too cheap for the full shark guard.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
          How far off was it? I dont have a bench grinder yet (can you believe it!!???), Ill have to get a hold of one somehow.
          I didn't use my grinder. I did with my disk/belt sander to get a smooth surface.
          Big G

Comment

Working...
          X