No announcement yet.

DP1550 Pulley problems strike again!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP1550 Pulley problems strike again!!!

I pulled the trigger on a Ridgid DP. It seems I am the latest to be hit by the problem Ridgid is having with the pulleys on the DP1550. I did a search of the archieves a got tons of hits, but not any with solutions.

Many of the issue I read people had were due to the idler pulley being low. Well I have the opposite problem. On mine the idler pulley is too high. It is about 1/8 higher than the spindle pulley and about 3/16 higher than the motor pulley. Though I have not tried yet, I can try to raise the moter pulley in line with the Idler puller (th manual covers this adjustment), but then I will still need to raise the spindle pulley. I don't see any way to move the spindle pulley up though and no mention in the manual for adjusting the spindle pulley.

The sad part is that the manual states: "Pulley alignment is set at the factory and should not require furthur adjustment"

Hope this is clear.

What should I do? I plan on calling Ridgid, but what should I ask them to do replace the whole head assembly?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Anthony

Well I just called Ridgid Customer support. Larry said he has not heard of the pulley being high before. He's gonna go take a look at a model to see what if anything could be done, but he didn't think so.

Looks like i'm gonna have to lug this back to HD and see if they have another one. Ever feel like you have no luck

Comment

I have a similar problem. My motor pulley is higher than the spindle pulley by about an eighth of an inch. Not sure if this is critical. It still goes round and round. The adjustment to lower the motor pulley is maxed out.

Comment

Working...
      X