X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crown molding

I'm lost. Can anyone advise me how to use a 12" sliding compound miter detents to cut crown molding. I believe the saw has these already built in. Saw is about 5 years old, purchased new just after they came out on the market. Can't find my owners man.

Re: crown molding

Originally posted by mackbu17 View Post
    I'm lost. Can anyone advise me how to use a 12" sliding compound miter detents to cut crown molding. I believe the saw has these already built in. Saw is about 5 years old, purchased new just after they came out on the market. Can't find my owners man.
    First, I'd recommend downloading an owners manual for the saw. Google will help you find it. Just use the model number and "owners manual" in the search.

Next, you need to know what angle the saw is intended to be mounted at. They make crown that is 45 and crown that is something else, I think 30 degrees.

http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/ar...odworking&ID=2

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=&ned=...c9ea851cee2c5b

Comment

Re: crown molding

Originally posted by mackbu17 View Post
      You are correct. Your saw should have stops set at 31.62 degrees left and right for the proper angle and bevel stops at 33.85 left and right to enable you to cut inside and outside corners for crown moulding with the workpeice flat on the saw table.

Big G

Comment

Working...
      X