X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: TS2424 in print (?)

Just picked up a copy of the March issue of Wood. There is an article on page 12 with a picture that looks like a TS2424 to me.
    Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Just picked up a copy of the March issue of Wood. There is an article on page 12 with a picture that looks like a TS2424 to me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are talking about the article on preventing kick-back, yes that is a 2424. Amazing how many articles that the 2424 shows up in, yet the mags still treat it like the red-headed step child. Makes you wonder. Jake anyway you can find out how many of the mags have the 2424 in their shops? Just a thought
    -Rob<br /> <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/</a> <br />Damn, I hit the wrong nail again. Ouch that hurts

Comment

I couldn't tell you for sure, but I know quite a few have used RIDGID tools in "non-tool" articles. There was an article recently in Wood or American Woodworker on resawing that featured our bandsaw.

Jake

Comment

I've seen the band saw in two different articles.
        On the cover of Amercian WW with the riser block. It's the only saw shown in the article on resawing. The cover shows them resawing a pretty sizable log on a custom sled.

I think it was Wood, but last year there was an article on the best blades for resawing, and again, the only saw shown in the article is the Ridgid.

Too bad so many us, magazine editors included, have fallen for this "underpowered" saw eh?
        \"Last year we couldn\'t win at home.<BR>This year we can\'t win on the road.<BR>My failure as a coach is that I <BR>can\'t think of anyplace else to play.\"<BR> - Coach Harry Neale, Canucks

Comment

I have seen the 2424 in several American Woodworker articles this year. Along with the TP1300 Planer. I'm upset with the Popular Woodworking review of the 2424. The only thing that they could complain about was the fence gauge markings and the fact that you have to push the fence forward to square it before locking down. Somehow this pushed it down to the middle of the pack when compared to saw that cost up to $300 more Also, no one seems to go to the trouble of contacting Ridgid before complaining about the lack of a height adjustment lock. Popular Woodworking probably didn't even unpack the saw as the listed it as right-tilt in the review. In my opinion, it is still the best saw for the money and if there are better saws for cheaper, I wouldn't know because they are sold mail-order only and I wouldn't buy a saw that I can't see in person.

-kbarber
          \"I have not failed. I\'ve just found 10,000 ways that won\'t work.\"<br />-Thomas Alva Edison

Comment

kbarber- I couldn't agree more. For the money you cannot find a better contractors table saw on the market.

Jake

Comment

Jake: I know you have to call it a "contractor's saw" because it sits on legs, attaches the saw base to the table top, and has only 1.5 hp, but the term nonetheless deprecates my 2424, which thus far cuts as well and as accurately as the only cabinet saw I have any experience with.

Comment

Thanks RGad, I just call it a contractor model because thats what the classic terminology is. Anymore very few cast-iron saws are used at the jobsite. Most have gone to benchtop or jobsite saws.

Comment

Working...
                X