Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS3612..Ridgid says its out. HD stores dont know a dang thing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting comments on the 3612. Can't wait to see it.

Will be interesting to see if HD runs any closeout deals on the 2424. Doubt it because I haven't seen such on on other model changes as yet.
    Dave

Comment

OK, I called one of the area HD this morning and they have both the 3612 and the 2424 in stock ... at the same price, $596. Dave, looks like you're right about close outs.

I may try to run by after work and see them side-by-side, but after looking at the 3612 yesterday I can't see any reason to go with the 2424 unless it is available for a really good price. The 2424 does come with more "freebies" but I'd rather have the 36" rip to the right already "installed" along with the improvements Jake has mentioned in other posts about the 3612. Also, again, I do like the new fence. Looks like I'll be saving my pennies for the TS3612 [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Alan
      My Shop

Comment

Latest Update:
        Picked up my new TS3612 at a far far away HD store. This was after this long story:
        Visited a HD not too far from me but not the closest due to the fact that No other HD had TS3612 instock. The problem is this; The SKU is the same on the TS2424 and TS3612 so the inventory controls in the computer think 7 instock. But when they looked up on the racks, they were ts2424's. The dept mgr could not order ts3612's until the 2424's were sold. She did offer to "bootleg' an order which she did try. She found a different HD that did have two instock and verified. So...I trucked on over after only calling ahead to have them verify actual stock. It was a go. Now it should be noted that four other HD stores did not know a thing about the ts3612 saw nor did the tool corral guys. When I showed up, the staff was very very helpful! Kudos to that HD team! This comes in two boxes; the saw is at least 250lbs! and then the rails box. Note on the rails box: They did not completely update the silk screen printing of part numbers. The part in red says Box 2 or 2 for Saw TS2424! Then over on the long part is black letters saying in multiple languages, rails for table saw TS3612 on the same box! So get the right box. Also, HD is putting a TS3612 price sticker on TS2424 display units to further confuse things. I talked to the tool corral guy at this HD when I called ahead to confirm stock. Oh, and when I got to the store, one TS3612 box was labled DISPLAY and the other was labled DO NOT SELL. I presume that this is because they want to sell the old 2424's before the 3612's. The Manager said "if the customer wants to buy the in stock 3612's then he can; regardless of the blue note lables." It took three guys to load this into my truck. I'll have to bring in the basement is pieces. It be so much clearer if a new SKU was given to the new saw and completely change the box drawings and printing. If they have the Ts2412 and TS2424 on display, why not have the TS3612 NEXT to them? Once I get it running, I'll report in.

[ 07-28-2002, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: StevenT ]
        Wood works!

Comment

YUP It's out. Just bought one at HD, Christiansburg, VA store last week.

Comment

Same Sku numbers?? Somebody messed up . Story about not putting out the 3612 until the 2424 sells out doesn't surprise me---nobody realizes (or cares) that they're different saws. We still have a HD with the old 2424 model on display.
            Dave

Comment

Hi All
              As many of you know I have been waiting patiently for the TS3612. I went to a HD in Tampa to see if it was available yet. The tool corral guy didn't know a thing about the saw, but he asked his buddy who had read something. Long story short they checked and found the 3612 and 2424 have the same HD stock number. Therefore they had no way to search the computer to see if any of the stores in the area have the saw.
              I have been going store to store checking stock and so far nothing.
              Ridgid now has the owners manual online and I read it last night the new features on the saw look fantastic to me!
              Rev Ed

Comment

This story is identical to my agonizing earlier search for the DP 1550 drill press. Same SKU #; won't order new till old are sold. Ridgid needs to have a visit with the boys at the Big Orange Box. Oh, BTW, the 1550 is [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Just musing a little---but I seriously wonder how long an exclusive contract Rigid has with HD. I really think other chain home centers might give them better "facings" (i.e. retail representation). Why haven't they got displays of the flip top table? Why doesn't anyone know anything about the new ts or new dp? Heck of a "kick-off".!

Was in my local HD---saw two Rigid OSSs at $149 and 179---one claimed to be display model (wasn't) and the other claimed to be reconditioned. Neither had spindles nor insert rings, etc. This says two things to me---no one bothered to order the missing parts/manual, etc., which are needed no matter how much of a bargin---and why should I believe that they refurbished anything---Besides, since I'm in the market for one---I can't help think---why do they have so many out of box ones---is there a problem? They sure aren't about to sell these fast, what with missing parts.

Sorry to rant, but there are many people who respect Rigid products---it's too bad HD gets in the way
                  Dave

Comment

what is the difference between the 2424 and the new 3612??
                    \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

Check the posts and Rigid listing. Can't remember all the changes, but 3612 has an improved fence and longer extension table. Also, is re-designed to include a zero-clearance insert. But, keep in mind, FYI, that the 3612 doesn't include some of the accessories of the 2424, for the same price.
                      Dave

Comment

Update!!! Was in the Napa, CA HD today. Display model of the 2424 was gone and there were two cartons marked 3612, in it's place. Of course, at the rate the guy working that section, was working, they might have it assembled by Christmas--maybe.
                        Dave

Comment

Another update:
                          I just finished putting the saw together and double checked all assembly. The blade fence alignment were right on the mark out of the box! The only adjustments needed were leveling the table extentions, bringing the fence rails up higher (so fence sat on 8pages of paper) and then tighten all.
                          Quiet, smooth and well worth it.

Oh... I neglected to mention when I picked up my saw (as described in the earlier message rant...) the tool corral guy was so confused with the whole combo thing, that he talked with the store manager and GAVE me free the dust collector, Dado insert and miter hold down jig. They just filled out the paperwork as "customer satisfaction" and wanted to me to be a happy customer. I was glad to accept and bought with pride. So I got the TS3612 and combo kit at the same price as the older combo kit. sweet. Thanks Home Depot.
                          Wood works!

Comment

I talked to a manager at the East Palo Alto Home Depot, and he called around and found one for me. He had it shipped in from Colma (about 2 hours away).

I think talking to the right people at Home Depot does help in obtaining the TS3612.

If anyone is interested in the name of the manager I talked to, shoot me an email.

- Jimmy

Comment

Hi All,

I was in my local HD over the weekend and they still have the TS2424 on display. I am just about ready to buy the TS 3612, but have not been able to find any local to me. I asked the person working in the tool coral about the TS 3612, of course he knew nothing about it, however he was more than willing to look into it. He took me to the computer and we checked stock. Nothing there. He then called his Ridgid rep, who called him back pretty quick. Make a long story short, they had 3 of the TS 3612 in the top racks of the store. They were inventoried as TS2424's. I think I will be heading down to pick one up this weekend.

-Peter
                              -Peter W. Lent<BR>PMi Solutions<BR>www.pmisolutions.net

Comment

I think that the 3612 came out with the same sku number as the 2424 has added to the problem---as you mentioned, their inventory counted the 3612s as 2424s. Also, due to this, it is doubtful that you'll see them moving out the display models of the 2424 real soon, as it's doubtful that they'll discount the price. With access to 3 HDs, I've yet to see the 3612 fully assembled---just have to wait and see.
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X