Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TS3612..Ridgid says its out. HD stores dont know a dang thing. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3612..Ridgid says its out. HD stores dont know a dang thing.

So what's up with the TS3612?
    The Ridgid tel support line says that its out and in stores. I just called around to local Homedepot's and they dont know a thing! They dont even know what it is!
    Wood works!

Steven---HD doesn't know anything? what a surprise [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It's all a question of what they're going to do with existing inventory of 2424s---wait until the old units sell out---display them both---who knows! Might require a coordinated decission (doubtful)as to a discounted price to move out the 2424s----good news for the consumer if they do. There's just no telling, and as with previous model changes and discontinued tools, each store and/or region seems to do as they please. I remember rushing around looking for the great prices when HD dropped the Rigid dust collectors. Some stores gave big price cuts---others kept the price--business as usual.
    Dave

Comment

dont feel bad went to h.d in lacrosse wi the other day express reason to buy a new floor stand drill press wanted the 1550 they didn't even know it existed till i showed them their own add ON THE 1500 DRILL PRESS then they 'checked the orders' may get one sometime in sept. so i went to the local machine shop and bought a delta 16.5 inch the mortiser and 4 bits inc and even beat tool crib buy 50.00

Comment

Same here, as far as lack of knowledge goes. I have asked at two of the three area stores and at both the guy in the "tool crib" claimed to have not heard of it. However, I have noticed that at those two stores the 2424's they did have have "mysteriously" disappeared. Now it's not like I'm in HD 24 hours a day but in my area I just don't see four or five TS2424 table saws selling in a week. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they're deciding their strategy here. I am saving up for the TS2424 or TS3612 so I am watching closely for pricing strategies. I may miss a closeout on the 2424, if it is offered, but I have decided from reading these forums that saving up for the 2424 (or 3612) is a wise thing. I am currently using a Powermatic 411 table top unit so I have lots to look forward to when I finally make a purchase [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Alan
        My Shop

Comment

Just played this game with the DP1550 drill press. Go to the special order desk. Have them call Ridgid and get the correct part number. They can then special order it. Ordered it on Friday and it was in the next Friday. Glad I waited. And no, the people at the "Tool Corral" at the HD where I ordered it from still don't know about it....

Comment

Cut 2' Yea, special order and, at our store, the new tool rental section are two places where they seem to know what they're doing.

However, ordering tools through special order desk---Rigid might as well be selling mail order---could sell cheaper too!

HD and their tools have gone way down over the last few years. Rigid's exposure has deminished along the way as well. They have to go in and kick some HD butt

When they parted ways with Sears, I'm sure there were good reasons, but at least Sears had the tools nicely displayed, and they weren't covered in a layer of dirt, as they are at HD.

Dave
            Dave

Comment

"and they weren't covered in a layer of dirt"

Strike out dirt, insert rust, and you described cast iron tools displayed at the Sears in Plano's Collin Creek Mall. Just across the freeway, Home Depot's Ridgid machines, while certainly not maintained to the standards of my shop, are in better condition. It's all about the people at these stores, I think.

Dave
              (you mean tablesaw tops aren't -supposed- to be red? )

Comment

But Dave, Red is such a pretty color.

Next time I'm near Sears, I'll have to check and do a rust inspection--tho since I got my last con job on their now crumby paint, I don't go there too much.

I kid you not! Went to HD a few weeks back, looking for something to buy with my birthday gift card. They had display model tools that looked like they just came from a long job site visit----covered in so much dust, I almost choaked.

As to Rigid (we have 2 HDs within 35 miles of oneanother). Yes, they display the table saws, chop saw, OSS and surface planer, but the rest of the line is hard to find, if at all.
                Dave

Comment

Plano is a little larger than Cloverdale, I suspect.

There are 3 Home Depots and (at least) 2 Lowe's within the city. A strong testament to the value of competition, they all are kept pretty nicely. Sears, of course, is a place unto itself.

Dave

Comment

Latest update:
                    Went to the order desk of one loacl HD. Instore inventory said four ts3612's were up high on the racks. We looked and found none. Supposedly the ts3612's are $597 with the same extras as the ts2424.

Quick question for when I do get one: Can the fence rails be set to 24 and 24? or must they be 36 and 12?

One last note... very very off topic: HD has canceled kid workshops. They cut the budgets. how sad is that? I did notice that the newly opened Lowes IS having kid workshops. Guess I know where to take my 5yr nephew! (He actually wanted items from HD as gifts rather than Toys-r-us!)
                    Wood works!

Comment

My son in law is a general contractor and he was invited to a contractor breakfast last week at HD. It was a time to talk to store management and vendors. I got to tag along.

I talked to many vendors and they all said the same thing unless the product moves within a week or two HD loses interest. They will keep it stocked but their bread and butter comes from high turn over, high volume.

With that in mind it should be no wonder that the Ridgid tools aren't polished each day.

On another aspect of this day I found the Ridgid rep lacking compared to the other vendors. Every vendor there wanted to know my concerns and each spoke to that concern either with me or the managment of the store. The Ridgid man listened but offered nothing, no solution, no help. When I asked when we would see the Ts3612's his answer was your quess is as good as mine. When I asked about dust filters he shook his head and said, "I have nothing to tell you". Sure went a long way to win my business.
                      Rev Ed

Comment

Rev Ed said of the Rigid Rep: "Sure went a long way to win my business." Ed--maybe he knew you ---sorry--couldn't resist.

Very interesting---the Rigid Rep sounds like a real ball of fire!

Also, your comments on their focus on "fast turnover/high volume" ????????? Lets say, they start dropping slower moving stuff---but you walk in needing some of that type of merchandise---you are forced to a competitor---you find that what you're looking for is in stock and the same price as HD--or even cheaper---guess where you go the next trip out? This isn't theory---I've seen it the last big home improvement project we did.

Sorry to rant---Steve's comment about them dropping the kids programs just ticked me off.
                        Dave

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll pass this along to those concerned.

Jake

Comment

I have to agree that the people at HD don't know a dang thing, but they had a stack of 4 or 5 3612's at the Roanoke store this weekend.

Comment

Got a chance to run by one of the three area HD today and the TS3612 (A 306-360) is in stock and on display there now. $596, the only included "accessory" is a zero clearance insert. Not sure what became of the remaining TS2424 saws. I will try to find out Monday.

I do not own a 2424 now (I have a Powermatic 411, woo hoo ) but have been persuaded to save up for one due to the posts on this forum. I like the new fence on the 3612. From the photos I had seen I did not think I would because it has what I would call a "paddle" handle rather than a "regular" handle to lock it in position. After seeing it in person I do like it. Also, the Ridgid literature describes a new "magnifier" lens for the redesigned measuring scale. Personally I like those also.

I had hoped to find a 2424 on closeout even though I don't have the money saved up yet. After seeing the 3612 I think I will just save up and wait and purchase it [img]smile.gif[/img]

These are my novice level opinions. I can't wait to move up to this saw!
                              Alan
                              My Shop

Comment

Working...
                              X