Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 6" Jointer

Hello All...

I bought a Ridgid 6" Jointer almost 2 years ago. Soon after, I began to travel for my job. I only recently got a chance to unbox and assemble it. The first thing I noticed is the outfeed table wasn't aligned with the knives. As I begen to do the alignment, I noticed at the front and back of the table, the knives are perfectly aligned. In the center of the table, the knives are about 10/1000s proud.

As I looked at it more, I determined the outfeed table is actually cupped 10/1000s in the center (front to back). Is this too much? If so, should I call Ridgid, or go to Home Depot?

I know Ridgid has changed their tools. If I exchange it, will I actually get a lesser tool?

Thanks,
    Spunkmeyer

[ 02-06-2005, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Spunkmeyer ]

If the outfeed table is cupped, that would be a defect in manufacturing and would fall under the Ridgid warranty. That being said, after two years I doubt there is anything HD can do for your but a service center should be able to get you a new table. Your Emerson made jointer has a lifetime warranty on it so there should be no problem getting it fixed under warranty.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
    X