No announcement yet.

TS-Ridgid 2424 vs Craftsman

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-Ridgid 2424 vs Craftsman

Hi All,

New to this list and have a question. I am ready to purchase my first "real" table saw. I have seen the Ridgid 2424 @ HD and love it. I am also a die hard Craftsman fan. Most of my other power/hand tools are Craftsman.

I am torn between getting the TS2424 or a comparable Craftsman. Any suggestions or advice on this decision?

-Peter W. Lent<BR>PMi Solutions<BR>

Now, Peter, you do know that up until just a couple of years ago, Ridgid (or Emerson... their parent company) made the table saws for Sears right?

I don't have the 2424 as I needed the portability of the 2400, but I'm very pleased with the 2400.

Oh, one other thing to keep in mind is that Ridgid warrantee's their tools from manu. defects for the life of the tool.

Sears is either one or two years.

Tell us a little more re what you plan on doing with the saw. What kind of woodworking are you doing? Your level of skill, etc.

I'm sure others will be able to recommend something to you.

Just from reading posts on some other sites I decided to eliminate the Craftsman Saws. I bought the 2424 and have been very pleased with the purchase. The manual and video for assembling the saw were great. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info guys, I was not aware that Ridgid made the TS for Sears in the recent past.

I would classify my skill level as intermediate. My main uses will be for ripping (both sheet goods and 2x lumber), dato, angle cuts, etc. I am always building items for my garage and backyard. My next big project will be a deck with a patio cover and benches, etc.

I see myself in the future getting into building small pieces of furniture, etc for inside my house.

Based on price alone, I think the comparable Craftsman saw is about $100 more than the 2424. The 2424 last time I looked at HD was about $599 or so, and the Herc-u-lift (sp?) is a great advantage.

Thanks for all the info so far. Would there be any advantage in waiting for the holidays to get closer? Maybe some sales/promos from Ridgid/HD?

-Peter W. Lent<BR>PMi Solutions<BR>

Yes there is an avange(sp)to wait until after thanksgiving holday to get your Tablesaw!
          Andy B.