Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jointer Infeed and Outfeed not parallel, how to fix?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer Infeed and Outfeed not parallel, how to fix?

Hi All,

I've searched and havent found any answers so I thought I'd ask you guys. My infeed table is terribly out of line WRT my outfeed. The infeed drops as you get closer to the cutter. How do I go about adjusting it? I have the JPO6100.

Thanks in advance,

Wes

My outfeed table ever so slightly dips down. I searched the manual over to find an adjustment. Either it's not there, or you have to figure it out on your own.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

There is an adjustment for out of parallel. It's a real pain in the neck, but it is doable. Not a snowball's chance in Hades to describe this adjustment. It involves loosening the gibs on the dovetail ways and reshimming.

Unless the jointer has been terribly abused whilst in your custody, this is a manufacturing error. My strong suggestion is to return it to the Home Depot for a replacement, if you can. The typical "in warranty" fix for this problem is to replace the entire cast iron, and regrind it as a unit to recondition.

If you need for various reason to reshim the machine, I recommend Mark Duginske's "Mastering Woodworking Machines" for an excellent tutorial with pictures. Plan it for a day when you have extra patience laying around.

Dave

Comment

It is published by Taunton Press. Any store with a good selection of woodworking titles is likely to have it, as well as any of the on-line booksellers.

A great book, I bet it answers well more than half of all the machine related questions that I've seen posted on woodworking forums.

Dave

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I'd messed with the gibs prior to posting here and was able to get a very small amount of adjustment, unfortunatly not nearly enough. I've had the unit for about 2 months and have been having nothing but trouble with it. I thought it was operator error for the longest time, until I found this problem.

I got the jointer from HD when they were getting rid of the old models ($399) and it was the display model. I guess I'll look into the warranty thing.

Thanks guys

Wes

Comment

Working...
          X