HD and Rigid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD and Rigid

The following is not verified facts, simply things I have read and am thinking about.

I saw a report yesterday that stated Sears is suing Emerson. Seems Sears provided Emerson with some proprietary machinery in order to produce equipment. Allegedly, Emerson did not return or illegaly repurchased these machines when Sears had them taken back. Emerson is accused of using the machines to build equipment for a competitor to Sears.

Couple that(could this, if true, be the reason for the Emerson plant closing?) with the misinformation and incompetence of the sales staff at HD, and we may, indeed have a company not able to respond to the average question.

I am not stating these as facts, since the report was in a local newspaper, which has a penchant for only reporting 3/4 ths of the true situation. But, if these are true, it would explain things.
    Mac<P>Problems are opportunities in disguise

The plant closing may have nothing to do with this suit, but the same thought occurred to me as well. However, as you said, there is simply not enough information to know for sure.

Frankly, I wonder about how valid Sears' position is or if they're merely trying to gain leverage on another issue. After all, Sears isn't lilly white when it comes to tool issues. I remember a major case when the inventor of the quick release on rachets, sued them for design infringement and won the case for a hefty amount.
    Dave

Comment

Since Emerson and Sears are in litigation I would imagine this thread will soon disappear. I think it is pointless to even discuss this since neither side can say anything. For Ridgid to allow this thread to continue, could be construed as a form of agreement with what is being said about the litigation, which may/could jeopardize their position.
      RevEd
      Rev Ed

Comment

Now, I have heard that the basis for Sears suit is very shaky. Like that is surprising. Seems that Emerson was producing the equipment in question long before Sears approached them. In which case, if the Sears stuff is similiar, it would seem that Sears is the usurper. Added to that is the fact that Emerson is a better earning company than Sears.

RevEd, don't take offense. I am not a lawyer, and so do not understand why this thread would be a problem. I carefully stated my comments were conjecture and hearsay. I understand some forums are very closely monitored and regulated, but it seems like this one is more open. Besides, Emerson now does not seem to be in the wrong.

Mac
        Mac<P>Problems are opportunities in disguise

Comment

Rev Ed---don't think either Mac or myself were doing anything but speculating, and we said so. Like Mac, I tend to think Sears is probably off base and is looking for any scapegoat for what are likely less than spectacular tool sales, since they ended their relationship with Emerson.
          Dave

Comment

Since I can offer no comment on this issue I am locking this thread. If anyone has any specific questions please send them directly to me.

Jake

Comment

Working...
            X