Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Damaged R4511 - Depot tells me I have to bring it back

Originally posted by airChris View Post
    An alternative is to call Ridigid with the list of part numbers you need to replace. They'll show up at your doorstep in a few days and you can install them at your convenience.

Chris
    Well, Ridgid said that given the nature of the situation I needed to return the unit to Depot.

And I thought unpacking the saw was going to be a challenge. Never would have guessed that I would be repacking this thing.

Comment

this works at the HDs here in NY, but may not work out there in oregon. as long as we have a receipt, or the CC the item was charged to, repacking is never necessary to return anyhting to HD. sometimes, even the box the item came in is unavailable. it's always credited without question. it really is unfortunate for you that they are jerking you around like they are.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I want to be clear that thus far I have no complaints with Depot or Ridgid. Both companies have been courteous and pleasant to deal with in this matter.

This unit was obviously damaged in shipping and both Ridgid and Depot are honoring an exchange on this unit.

Thanks for the concern and the many suggestions. I do appreciate the input.

I hope to post a conclusion to this story sometime this weekend.

Comment

I have returned from Depot with a new exchange on the R4511. The packaging on this unit is pristine. And as best as I could see everything looks fine.

Once the folks at Depot understood what the problem was they were great. The manager came out to look at the saw and did not say a single word. I couldn't tell is she was unhappy or just the quiet type.

All in all the exchange went off with out a hitch.

Thanks to both Depot and Ridgid for making the return hassle free (except for the reloading part).

And thanks for all the suggestions offered here.

Comment

I have had numerous dealings with Home Depot through the years and I can honestly say that in the last year to year-and-a-half, I have noticed major changes with how HD deals with customers.

First, has anyone else noticed how many more associates are on the floor? On a Saturday, I can barely walk down two or three aisles without being asked if I need help. There always seems to be someone who has been "anchored" to an area and he/she will even say, let me get someone to meet you in that dept because they have to stay in their area.

Maybe this isn't the case with all HDs, but I'm very impressed.

Lastly, a few weeks ago when the 4511 price dropped $100, I went and complained to a manager. While I wasn't willing to return my (assembled) 4511 to exchange for a new one (7+ hours to build and I wasn't doing that again), he did offer me his business card and told me the next time I had a large purchase to make to call him first and he'd take care of me... I'll post back when I take him up on that and let you know what the "take care of me" equates to...

Jim

Comment

Tech - I agree with your observation. I chalk it up to the correction Depot was forced to go through after purging Bob Nardelli. In case anyone doesn't know who this character is just google him. It's little surprise that the company he leads these days (Chrysler) is suffering even more than Depot.

Comment

Working...
              X