X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 and difficulty raising and lowering blade

I have a TS2400 that I bought used from a cabinet maker. This last week, I rolled it out to build an entertainment center for the nook. The adjustments took a bit of time, but I was ripping plywood in no time. One thing though, raising and lowering the blade was very difficult when the blade is in the lower position. Once the blade is higher (maybe above 1/2 inch from table surface), it was easier and smoother.

This problem didn't exist when I first bought the saw, about 1.5 years ago. I suspect I need to get it serviced by Ridgid? Has anyone experienced this problem? How did you solved it?

Thanks in advance!

Re: TS2400 and difficulty raising and lowering blade

If you drop the saw stand down, the entire blade raising mechanism is completely available and you can operate it and watch. I would guess the gears might be worn or something is blocking the travel as the entire motor assembly moves with the blade.
    Good luck...Ray

Comment

Re: TS2400 and difficulty raising and lowering blade

Thanks Ray.

To update my own post, I flipped the saw on its side and thoroughly vacuumed underneath the table. All the gears received a scrub down with an old tooth brush and a healthy dose of WD-40. The excess was wiped off with a towel. The WD-40 fixed the problem. Raising and lowering the blade is smooth and effortless now. I plan to oil the gears with a very thin coat of motor oil in a few days. Anyhow, problem solved.

Comment

Working...
      X