Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used TS3650 price??

Descount,

You won't regret the deal at that price. Now if you can only get the seller to help you un-assemble, move and reassemble that 400 lb pound monster you will really have a deal. That baby is heavy. I agree with Dave when he said to look around for a good blade or two. It's amazing how much difference that can make.

Blind Bill

Comment

Ditto on Dave's comment, get a good blade (and some zero clearance inserts).

Congrats on your new saw! You got a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by vnh View Post
        I read Andrew's post and think that the TS3650 is not worth much, contrary to a lot of praise that I have read about this saw.
        First question is: Do you own one?

If so, what are the problems that you're having?

If you're comparing it to a cabinet saw, Grizz, Delta unisaw, SawStop, etc. Then I concur, but if we're talking Contractor saws...(like we are) then I think many would disagree.
        Last edited by Altima 3.5; 11-23-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

If this helps, definitely icing on the cake, I bought 2. One for standard blade, one for dado width.

Leecraft RG-1 Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert
          for Ridgid TS3650 Table Saw
          Item model number: RG-1
          Product Dimensions: 14 x 3.8 x 1 inches
          ------------------------------------------------
          Price: $24.31 (includes free shipping)
          Price: $23.99 (plus addtional $10 for shipping)
          Steve

Comment

If in very good condition, with no missing parts, paperwork, I'd pay $300 easy.
            http://www.picturetrail.com/gid6255915

Comment

I bought a used R4511 for $225 and the seller delivered it 30 miles. It had been a floor model and he had used it very little, so I did spend quite a bit of time tightening and realigning things. It does have one small chip in the granite, but over all in very good condition. So I agree with the others that 390 is too high. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I spent a lot of time looking for saws recently... I ended up with the R4511 and love it... I had decided on your saw but was too late to pull the trigger and couldn't find any. My humble thoughts are if the saw is in great shape the $300 to $350 price would be reasonable... I would subtract for any wear or tear that is evident. Let's face it, there are a zillion saws out there that were purchased and used once or twice and never touched again. You might get lucky and have a jewel... but then, you lose the life time warranty, so it's all give and take... I didn't see anything out there in this price range that could match the saw, unless you look at older used machines and then, you are buying a question mark... might be a great deal, might break down next week... let us know how you do!

Comment

Originally posted by DrumFun View Post
                  I bought a used R4511 for $225 and the seller delivered it 30 miles. It had been a floor model and he had used it very little, so I did spend quite a bit of time tightening and realigning things. It does have one small chip in the granite, but over all in very good condition. So I agree with the others that 390 is too high. Just my 2 cents.
                  sounds like you found the dumbest seller on the planet.

Comment

I guess value is in the eye of the beholder. Around here the older Craftsman's pull $200+. I would not part with my 2424 for less than $300. Those Craftsmans usually have heavy rust too, mine is darn near perfect yet.

Comment

I bought my TS-3650 about 6 months ago for $ 200 from a homeowner who had purchased it at HD to do a small DIY project. The TS looked like new but the table top showed surface rust and stain spots. I used lots of WD40, 400/600 sandpaper with my Palm sander to get rid of the rust and stains. In order to preserve the original cast iron finish, I made sure I only sanded in the direction of the finish. After that I put a couple of coats of Johnson's wax.

Here's a couple of pictures of the before and after.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Hawk; 01-03-2010, 12:28 AM. Reason: Attach pictures

Comment

Working...
                      X