X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used TS3650 price??

I am going to look at a used ts3650. They say it is in mint condition and there is really no "add ons". Just the standard saw as it was sold in the store. Said bought about a year ago. I am curious on if 390 is in the ball park for that kind of saw. Any suggestions appreciated Thanks

Re: Used TS3650 price??

The TS3650/3660 was discontinued last spring, and was clearanced at $399, so $390 used seems a little high. The new R4511 hybrid gets close to that on sale with promotional discounts, etc. The general rule of thumb for used equipment is roughly 50% of the cost of new, but that varies widely depending on what it is, age, condition, extras, location, etc.

Comment

As a buyer? Not more than $200. "These were clearanced at $399, so half of that gets us to $200".

As a seller? Not less than $300. "These were $599 when I bought it, they don't make them like this anymore, not a penny less than $300...."

And somewhere in between is where the deal will be done, I should think.

Comment

It really doesn't matter what price those saws were clearanced out at. Sure that $399 price was a great deal but that wasn't the everyday sell price that the vast majority of buyers paid. I doubt very seriously if you could find a 1 year old contractor saw from any other manufacturer selling for $200 either. If you could pick-up that saw for $300, I think you'd be doing OK. Anything less than $300 would be a true gloat deal IMO.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

While understanding your position Dave, I disagree, and would say that it really doesn't matter how much higher any previous price was, the final price is what matters in terms of used value. They were sold at $399 for several months last year.

You could look at cars as a parallel. It matters not what the MSRP is, the price that counts is what the dealer sells it at. Some will get better deals than others, but the actual price paid for the vehicle by the buyers of that vintage of vehicle is what determines the value of the vehicle when it's time to sell it on.

Like cars, if the price is high, there is ALWAYS another one. If the guy selling the TS is firm on his price, then I would just look out for another. The RSS tool is very handy on Craigslist. I get a notification anytime anyone lists something I'm looking for, within 5 minutes of them listing it.

Comment

Agree with Roadster280. Contractor saws are imply not worth much with the hybrids available. I would look at a hybrid if you can find a deal otherwise. $200 range seems right. If this was a delta with a Biesmeyer commercial fence then that would be worth more. The fence on the Ridgid is very lightweight , stand has flex issues, overall build is just OK, and remember the LSA is not valid on used.

Comment

I read Andrew's post and think that the TS3650 is not worth much, contrary to a lot of praise that I have read about this saw.

Comment

If it's in "mint" condition and the seller wants $390 then it's pretty much obvious he won't sell for $200. It's irrelevant how much the seller bought it for, or what other lower prices were available last month or last year. What you;re looking at is getting a very decent saw for relatively little money.

I'd try to negotiate down to $300 but I'd be open to $350. That saw, in good condition, is easily worth it.

Alternatively, you could pray that God sends you a year old unisaw with a biesemeyer fence, router table build in (incra aluminum plate of course), excalibur dust collection shroud for the blade, sliding table attachment, board buddies and a couple of monster magnetic feather boards - all for $100. Amen.
                In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I agree with Dave. I have picked up countless tools at discounted prices, but the price I paid has nothing to do with the replacement cost. There was a going rate before that saw was discounted, and there will be a going rate more distant from the sale dates. It's worth that same price now, but you are fortunate if you can do better.

$300 is a fair price for a good condition saw and on up to $400 isn't out of line for one in new condition.

I'm not saying I'd pay that, but you have to weigh it's value compared to what else you can get, not what somebody else was fortunate to pay a few months ago. Factor in the family and friends rebate and possible sales between now and Christmas. The saw was considered a good deal at it's full price though. It's silly to pretend it's a piece of crap now that they were discontinued.

Comment

It's silly to pretend it's a piece of crap now that they were discontinued.
                    I certainly wasn't suggesting it's one of those, far from it. I don't think I have ever been as satisfied with a tool purchase as my TS3660. It was an absolute revelation.

I've been reflecting on this thread, and the truth of the matter is that a used TS3650 is worth what someone is willing to pay for it to that person. Whether that is the spare change in your pocket or the price of a new one.

My thoughts are in the $200-$300 range, but I wouldn't sell mine for that. It's more useful to to me than that many dollars.

Comment

I bought mine new at the Home Depot for $399 with the facory lifetime service agreement. So considering the one used has been used for a year - is that $10 difference worth not haveing the LSA? Plus, I know it took me a while to unpack and setup my machine because I deliberately took my own sweet time with every bolt, adjustment and alignment. I was not in a hurry. I personally would not buy anything on the lower end of the price spectrum as important as a table saw without knowing it was done right and no step no matter how small was overlooked or rushed. But that's just me and I've got burnt in the past buying big heavy items that claimed to be in "excellent condition with little use" that turned out to be a nightmare once you get it back to the shop...and without a return or service policy.
                      No more than $300 tops if you absolutely cannot live without that one machine, there will be others.
                      Last edited by pemdas89; 11-16-2009, 01:07 PM.
                      Steve

Comment

Thanks alot guys for the suggestions Went out and haggled a little with him and got him down to 300. I settled for that. Now the fun starts!!

Comment

good deal.

Comment

No picture, it never happened

Congratulations on a very decent deal on a very decent saw.
                            In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

You won't regret it. Now, go out and buy a quality blade or two for it.
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X