Another damaged R4511 - resolved!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another damaged R4511 - resolved!

Well I bought the saw a week or two ago, and when I got home and started to open it up I noticed the shipping framework was sort of 'tweaked'.
    Well as I got it further unwrapped I found the granite top was in several pieces(eight plus chips). I called the store and they said to bring in the top and they would swap it out with another from the store.
    As I continued opening it all up to get the top off I discovered the trunion assy was jacked over to one side and not in it's tracks at all. Obviously this thing has taken quite a jolt in transit. I returned it to the store in several pieces and they had already taken a top from another unit, but when they saw what I had they brought down another saw and opened it up in the store to check it out and then helped me load it up. They were quite courteous and helpful, and although it involved some extra work I am now all set up and satisfied with the new saw.
    The 'new' $499 price and 12 months to pay without interest ( a coupon the salesman offered ) was very welcome too.
    I now add this to the Ridgid 12" double bevel miter saw, and the Ridgid oscillating spindle sander in my collection of orange tools.

Re: Another damaged R4511 - resolved!

Sounds like your saw suffered the same damage as mine. The granite was fine but the arbor/motor assembly had fallen out of the trunnions and the metal pallet was severely tweaked.

The replacement unit sitting in my shop now is a completely different story. The only thing missing is the parts repair list. But I had a pdf of that so no big deal.

Comment

Don't forget that there is a friends and family rebate going on. That will give you at least another 15% back from Ridgid.

Comment

Be careful about the F&F rebate. The form (http://www.ridgid.com/download/MIR_FandF_RIDGID.pdf) states that it can not be combined with any other offer. Maybe your 12 months without interest qualifies as another offer. Just FYI.

Comment

Working...
        X