X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 price

I see a few comments on $499 for the R4511. My local store MN is still posting a $599 price tag. What are others seeing?

Re: R4511 price

Originally posted by nordichomey View Post
    I see a few comments on $499 for the R4511. My local store MN is still posting a $599 price tag. What are others seeing?
    Our local HD dropped from $599 to $499 about a month ago.

Brandon
    I bleed RIDGID orange...

Comment

Thanks! I will shop around!

Comment

Ask them to run the SKU in the computer and see what it says. It may just be that the price is wrong on the shelf.

Comment

I have one HD within a couple miles of my house plus another 7-8 miles away and still another 15 miles away. I drive an hour to work everyday and I pass 4 on my trip everyday. It took about a month for all 4 of the stores to start showing the same $499 price.

Like the previous guy said... I would ask an associate to get the manager and have them run it. They'll usually be good about working with you. They just might not have the up to date price on the shelf.

I couldn't find anyone to help me the night I was buying my saw. I had planned to spend about $4K in one drop. I ended up talking to the manager and shook her hand.... yes I said HER hand. Looked her in the eye and introduced myself. Told her my plans and she cut 10% off the top of my order. Saved me almost $400!

Brandon
          I bleed RIDGID orange...

Comment

Is the "Friend's & Family" deal still going on?

Comment

Yesterday - $499 at the HD in Atlanta on Paces Ferry.

Comment

I have been in three HD's, in the last few weeks, two had the right price and one did not. I think if you ask the $499 price will show up.

Comment

[QUOTE=hewood;262609]Is the "Friend's & Family" deal still going on?

Friends and Family savings offer is listed as good until 12-31-2009.

Comment

My local HD in Sacramento posts $599 as of this afternoon for this table saw.

I was there inquiring about delivery charge for the table saw, whose weight is more than I can handle by myself. Now, I am wondering if it can be disassembled in the parking lot and brought home in my little crossover-SUV. $75 for delivery charge can buy a few tools that I need but don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by vnh View Post
                      My local HD in Sacramento posts $599 as of this afternoon for this table saw.

I was there inquiring about delivery charge for the table saw, whose weight is more than I can handle by myself. Now, I am wondering if it can be disassembled in the parking lot and brought home in my little crossover-SUV. $75 for delivery charge can buy a few tools that I need but don't have.
                      I just picked my 4511 up and had it put on a small 6x10 utility trailer. Most of the time you can rent a small trailer at a rent-all store reasonably for a couple of hours, or maybe a friend or coworker has one. Actually I have seen Home Depot stores rent these. Maybe they will loan you a trailer. I used an engine puller (cherry picker) to lift the saw off the trailer. Believe me it is heavy and you will need a couple of buddies to set the saw on its base.

The saw has a large steel cage surrounding it that has to be removed before the saw will come out of its crate. It also has to be tilted or jacked up in order to remove the bolts from the bottom of the skid. Get some help, I would advise against putting it in a suv. It could be dangerous unloading it.

Comment

I was reading another source and it was posted the R4511 is being discontinued and why the drop in price. Per a store manager it is not because it is a bad saw, but rather that the shipping cost is too high due to granite weight and steel shipping crate. I have no validation on this statement.

Comment

Bought mine last week for $450... was $499 and I had a 10% off coupon. Had to call 3 stores to find one in stock.

Comment

Can't imagine the shipping cost being a factor for discontinuing an item. That cost would only have an impact on the selling price (as it would be factored into the cost of the product). Additionally, only the stateside shipping would be based upon weight (ocean shipments are charged by volume, not weight....a container costs the same to ship loaded with feathers as it does loaded with lead)

Comment

Working...
                            X