Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just confirmed R4511 is discontinued!!!

Just out of curiosity I just checked ridgid website , according to the website, this saw is still available.
    Go figure!
    I guess that it will be officialy available until the replacement comes out.
    Bert

Comment

Sadly, the websites don't mean much.

HD hasn't had the 4511 on its website for a year or so. When the 4511 was launched, it had the saw on its website, but didn't have any.

RIDGID is barely any better, as you have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster280 View Post
        Sadly, the websites don't mean much.

HD hasn't had the 4511 on its website for a year or so. When the 4511 was launched, it had the saw on its website, but didn't have any.

RIDGID is barely any better, as you have seen.

Sorry to contracdict you but just a few weeks ago I saw the R4511 on HD website for $799.00.
        Of course that was when I was not looking for it and after I had bought mine for $299.00
        Bert

Comment

They are still being sold in Canada, and, so far, not being clearanced out as they are in the US. $799Cdn is the price here in the Great White North.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by b2rtch View Post
            Sorry to contracdict you but just a few weeks ago I saw the R4511 on HD website for $799.00.
            Of course that was when I was not looking for it and after I had bought mine for $299.00
            Bert

Were you looking at the Canadian website? They have never been $799 in stores south of 49N. They launched at $599, then dropped to $499, and were clearanced at $299. In Canada, they launched at $799 a long time after the US launch, and are still $799.

If, as you say, they were indeed $799 (US) on the website, that just points to the website being even more useless. But then if you have 1800 stores, and the website is #1801, it's likely there will be some differences.

Comment

I was talking with a store manager asking why they were not honoring free shipping that the website store was offering. He told me that the website and the stores are in fact two different companies inside HD.
              IF you find something on sale on HF's website,the store will honor the same price or coupon, Lowes will also do the same thing, HD will not do this.
              Bet

Comment

I had been considering the 4510 (mobile) and posted out here.. the verdict seemed to be in my circumstances that better to get the 4511. I found my HD had 4 - purchased it at 500 but delayed bringing it home convincing the wife life would be complete with the ridgid r4511 table saw. in the 2 week interim i was trying to figure out how to get that 477 lb monster in a cage home. when i called to get the exact box measurements the sales dolt told me the item had gone on clearance and was now selling for 300 bananas - Man was that sweet - so i figured i could spring for the $65 delivery fee. got that beast home.. started putting it together... the herc u lift isnt really working but i ll call cust service or try to fiigure it out again and post out here if i get stuck but with all the assembly tips out here was able to get it together straight away - no real glitches. Ii guess the point i had in writing in was that if one wants to get one of these guys they should call their HD - and ask them if they have one or if they can check the system to see if there are any in the area - Good luck !!!

Comment

We just talked to Atlanta HQ office this past week and they told us that any price on the website was supposed to honored by the stores!

Of course it's really difficult to know who to believe anywhere in Home Depot, but it might be worth a phone call to the Atlanta HQ Customer Service office to see what they tell you and if they can then call the store in your behalf.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                  X