X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid + Home Depot = A+ R4511 Story

Well, as chronicled in a previous thread, my first R4511 had been damaged in shipping and I had to take it back to Depot for an exchange unit.

So, last Saturday I loaded everything back into my van and went to HD. While I was inside arranging the return the young guys unloaded the unit from my van. When I went back to my van they wheeled out the replacement unit. We took the cardboard cover off and inspected the saw to my satisfaction.

On Sunday evening I discovered the Friends and Family rebate program. That's when my problems began. You see in all the kerfuffle between unloading the old and inspecting the new, I failed to retrieve the UPC for the saw.

A call to HD and my problems were on the way to being resolved. I spoke with Murray in hardware and he put me on hold, looked around and came back on the phone explaining that the saw had been shipped out and the cardboard had been put through the compactor. But, the Ridgid rep was in the store at that moment and Murray took my contact info and gave it to the Ridgid rep. Ralph called me a while later and we talked briefly about the saw. He then asked if I could come into the store so that he could provide me the UPC so that I could register for the warranty and get the rebate.

I went in this morning and met Ralph. He gave me everything I needed to register for the warranty and get the rebate. We talked about the saw, Ridgid and Ryobi tools. A very nice gentleman. He even gave me some safety glasses, contractor pencils and a couple coolly cups.

So, thanks are in order for Home Depot, Ridgid, Murray at the Oregon City HD and Ralph from Ridgid.

They all helped make an unfortunate experience into a great experience and left a lasting impression.

BTW, Ralph did confirm that the R4511 was being discontinued.

Re: Ridgid + Home Depot = A+ R4511 Story

Glad it worked out for you.

Re: being discontinued...did he say why? I'm guessing that shipping is killing them on tools selling in the $1.00 to $1.25 a pound range! (but they should have known that ahead of time)

Comment

Great story, happy ending, and who doesn't like happy endings?

Years ago, I saw an ad for Intercontinental Hotels on a flight, aimed at business travellers. "You know that if you remember their names, they will remember yours".

I have not forgotten that lesson, so I'll say thanks to Amie & Ferrari at HD #1777, Kennesaw, GA. They've helped me save hundreds of dollars, possibly into the thousands now.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
        Glad it worked out for you.

Re: being discontinued...did he say why? I'm guessing that shipping is killing them on tools selling in the $1.00 to $1.25 a pound range! (but they should have known that ahead of time)

I dunno. They've got a point I guess. The TS3650 is 287lbs while the R4511 is 452lbs.

I've heard stories that Steel City has been having issues getting their products to market. I wonder if Home Depot / Ridgid had similar issues with the R4511.

If shipping cost is the real issue, then I expect we'll see Home Depot go back to a true Contractor saw to cut down on shipping weight.

Comment

I just bought this saw, it figures it is discontinued before I buy it.......
          What is this friends and family rebate???
          I'm almost having second thoughts about sending it back to HD, becaused I have not unboxed it yet.

Comment

here ia a link to the thread that discusses the rebate and also has the rebate form:

http://www.ridgid.com/download/MIR_FandF_RIDGID.pdf\

if you paid $499 for the saw, have the store from which it was purchased credit the purchase back to whatever account it was charged to and then re-ring the sale adding in something small to get it over the $500 mark. something like a new ridgid "cold fired" drill bit. once the new receipt shows a purchase over $500, the rebate will be 20% of the amount of the new receipt. at a minimum, you could save $100, making the new net cost of the saw $399 ($499-$100= $399). HTH.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
            X