X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band Saw 1400

Replacement tires arrived for the OE wheels and they seem too short. Checked the Repair sheet and the correct Part #823595 was sent. Did not try to force the tire on the wheel, just tried to apply some pressure but it seems too small for the wheel. Is this correct?

Any thoughts?

thanks...

Re: Band Saw 1400

try heating a large pot of water to around 140*. turn off the heat. soak the tires for 10mins. cover the pot. after 10ins, carefully remove tires from water and quickly dry with towel. quickly place tires on wheels. heating the tires will make them more pliable and therefore easier to persuade onto the wheels.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Here's a PDF with helpful hints

http://www.owwm.com/files/PDF/FAQ/19...ndsawTires.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        try heating a large pot of water to around 140*. turn off the heat. soak the tires for 10mins. cover the pot. after 10ins, carefully remove tires from water and quickly dry with towel. quickly place tires on wheels. heating the tires will make them more pliable and therefore easier to persuade onto the wheels.
        What he said.

Also, get a 1/2" wooden dowel to help stretch and put the tire on the wheel. You do NOT want to use your fingers for that.

You do need to work fast once you take it out of the hot water. Took me two tries (i.e. I had to re-soak them). But, one of the best upgrades for the bandsaw!

Comment

Good article and tips, thanks much.

Comment

Working...
          X