X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R4511 Granite surface

Personally, I want a nice, red, fiber reinforced concrete topped table saw.. With darker red fleckles in it.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWolf View Post
      Personally, I want a nice, red, fiber reinforced concrete topped table saw.. With darker red fleckles in it.

Mmmm, and maybe the fiber optic kit that would allow you to light the table from within the concrete?

Comment

Originally posted by amajors View Post
        Mmmm, and maybe the fiber optic kit that would allow you to light the table from within the concrete?

Good idea so I can work in the dark!
        bert

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWolf View Post
          For pete sake people, it's a table saw. It doesn't have to look like it's in your kitchen just because it's got a granite top.

For that matter, it's not even a high end table saw.
          Cut me some slack, Jack!

It's brand freakin' new. My old Delta had a circular saw kerf through the extension wing, and the cast iron was black from rusting, rust removal, rusting, rust removal, etc, etc. If it would have tilted to 45 without throwin' the blade to miter slot adjustment off every time, I'd probably still be using it.

As for keeping it clean.....give me time. I'll bet you're one of the type guys who washes your pickup truck, right? Mine ain't been washed in two years, and never waxed. It's a freakin' truck, it's made to haul me, and whatever load I throw in it. I ain't tryin' to impress anybody with how it shines.

I did wash it a few times when it was new.....and I'm not the type to worry about scratches in my granite top, but when It's brand new, it wouldn't hurt if it looked new for a little while.

And oh yeah...it might not be a high end saw...but at $299 I'll bet it's pretty close to the top of the list as far as value for the dollar goes.

Comment

'And oh yeah...it might not be a high end saw...but at $299 I'll bet it's pretty close to the top of the list as far as value for the dollar goes. "
            Amen.
            It is top of the line for me.
            What more would I get if I paid another $1000.00?
            Bert

Comment

Originally posted by NoTalentRookie View Post
              Cut me some slack, Jack!
              LOL.. Ok..

It's brand freakin' new. My old Delta had a circular saw kerf through the extension wing, and the cast iron was black from rusting, rust removal, rusting, rust removal, etc, etc. If it would have tilted to 45 without throwin' the blade to miter slot adjustment off every time, I'd probably still be using it.
              Well you'll never have to worry about rust now, eh?

As for keeping it clean.....give me time. I'll bet you're one of the type guys who washes your pickup truck, right? Mine ain't been washed in two years, and never waxed. It's a freakin' truck, it's made to haul me, and whatever load I throw in it. I ain't tryin' to impress anybody with how it shines.
              Pffftt... I don't wash my car.. Don't have a truck though.. *cries*..

I used to have a Firebird though.. Convertible.. Used to put the top down and haul wood and furniture in it..

I did wash it a few times when it was new.....and I'm not the type to worry about scratches in my granite top, but when It's brand new, it wouldn't hurt if it looked new for a little while.

And oh yeah...it might not be a high end saw...but at $299 I'll bet it's pretty close to the top of the list as far as value for the dollar goes.
              As far as value to dollar goes, it can not be beat. Which is why I picked one up.. But I take it for what it is.

At any rate... Paste Wax... Paste Wax... It's good... Love it... It doesn't cost craploads and will not transfer to the wood and screw your finish...

Just think it's nuts wanting to spent, what, $20 an ounce for something to make it shine? Or what ever that stuff may cost..

Money better spent on materials for a ZCI or something else that will aid in shop safety.

Far as what you could get for an extra $K.. Lets see, that's $1300... So... Looks to be this.

And it's only $1030... Grizzly is having a huge sale right now on table saws..
              Last edited by DarkWolf; 01-28-2010, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I'm glad you took my post in the spirit in which I intended DarkWolf. I was afraid I was coming across as confrontational and that's not the way I wanted to.

As for spending that extra $1000 bucks....you failed to mention where that was gonna come from. When I bought my saw....I used 5 gift cards given to me for Christmas, all the cash I had in my pocket, and $100 on Visa! :-)

And the ZCI? I made a couple out of left over laminate flooring. The fake woodgrain looks pretty sharp, if I say so myself!

Comment

Even if you were, I'd have still laughed at you..

Life's too short to get bent out of whack over things said in the net.. Especially since half the time you can't truly tell the context of how it's said.

Hmm.. Extra $1000... Sell your truck! But wash it first..

This is the ZCI I made for mine.. It too uses left over laminate flooring..

Comment

Working...
                  X